• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kase-san Yuri Manga's Poster Lists Animators

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 am Reply with quote
I always love seeing more Yuri Anime series being green lit especially the ones based of a great manga series. Very Happy
Yurious Bystander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:05 am Reply with quote
Kase-san anime? YES PLEASE!
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote
This article may say that no anime adaptation has been announced yet, but if you ask me, it's pretty much been confirmed! It's always nice to see new yuri anime pop up. Smile
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
Yes!! I'm so glad that finally a good yuri manga is adapted into an anime! Citrus is okay, and Netsuzou Trap is... well, it is something alright, but this is great! I just hope they don't downplay the yuri...
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:37 am Reply with quote
It will be good to see this if it holds up.

Mark Gosdin
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
Citrus, Netsuzou Trap, and Kase-san are getting their anime. This could be the beginning of the golden age of yuri anime.
EerieLime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
The two yuri series that are premiering soon don't interest me so it's good to know that another (and more vanilla, hah) one is in the works. Never heard of the manga before but it sounds super cute!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 pm Reply with quote
the director sounds pretty awul, I mean I watched girls over the wasteland and it was pretty bad and the direction is partly to blame.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I heard Kase-san is really cutesy romantic without being brain dead. The supposed staff listed is actually right at home with this material.

MischievousMelody wrote:
This article may say that no anime adaptation has been announced yet, but if you ask me, it's pretty much been confirmed! It's always nice to see new yuri anime pop up. Smile

I don't know if it means much, but it seems the manga-ka for Kase-san is following Takuya Sato's and Kyuta Sakai's Twitter accounts which could lead further credence that an anime is coming.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting how I just got in and read the first volume of the manga yesterday and then ended seeing something on this the same day. I'm really happy to see it.

The article is slightly wrong on one thing, though. The poster credits Sakai as sakuga (作画) not genga (原画). Still it makes me wonder if the implication is that she is the sole animator, in which case this is almost certainly just a single OVA or short film. Sakai was a sole animator before, on Sonohana (which is an adults-only yuri OVA: Kase-san obviously won't be adults-only given the source material).
maximilianjenus wrote:
the director sounds pretty awul, I mean I watched girls over the wasteland and it was pretty bad and the direction is partly to blame.

He was also the director of Strawberry Marshmallow, Say I Love You, Steins;Gate, and Selector Wixoss, so he's done a fair share of things I've really enjoyed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1