• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game, Round 16

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 am Reply with quote
Hint #2: spoiler[The spoiler term is a reference to the speaker's (human-looking) devoted servant, who takes on an alternate form to perform the action that the speaker is doing here.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3:: spoiler[Though the pink-haired speaker has a cheery, friendly personality, most humans wouldn't have anything to do with her if they knew who she really is.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
Quote repeated:

"A band of fiends treading on sacred land. With the [spoiler], I pierce you! Bore!"

Final Hint:spoiler[Some gods in this franchise use their servants to destroy spirit-creatures who corrupt humanity. This one normally uses her servant to help her run a snack and souvenir shop.]
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote has expired; really thought that the last clue would be a dead giveaway, too.

Answer is spoiler[Kofuku using Daikoku (in fan form as Kokki, which is the spoiler word) to open a Vent to gain access to the Underworld for purposes of rescuing Yaro, in Noragami Aragato].

Turn is open.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Huh. spoiler[Kofuku] runs a shop? I don't even remember that detail.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I'll take the turn. This quote is from the dub.

Cloaked in shadows and relentless in its objective, I call upon the most dangerous of dragons!
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote
Hint 1:spoiler[The dragon this quote is talking about has had three owners].

Hint 2:spoiler[The second owner of the dragon is an alternate dimensional counterpart of the main character].
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 am Reply with quote
Hint 3:spoiler[The dragon the quote is referring to is part of a card game in the series and in real life].

Hint 4:spoiler[This dragon's owner share the same voice actor with a character in Pokemon].
mierin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 am Reply with quote
This quote is expired, but I would love to know where it's from.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 am Reply with quote
mierin wrote:
This quote is expired, but I would love to know where it's from.

It's fromspoiler[Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V], it's the spoiler[summoning chant for Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon], and the speaker was spoiler[Yuto, the Xyz Dimension counterpart of the show's main protagonist Yuya Sakaki. Yuya and his other dimensional counterpart share the same English VA as Clemont from Pokemon XY].

I was originally going to use the scene where spoiler[Sora was asking Yuya and Zuzu if they were sweethearts, but I couldn't find the whole quote and I didn't want to go off by memory].
Hikari14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Sub

A: [Character X], you have to say your desires out loud with all your heart so that everyone can hear you. Go on, say what you wish to happen.

B: Now, you'll remember the time you gave birth to [Character X] seven years ago. Please decide if you really should leave Gotham after you remember everything.

[pause]

C: What's happening?

B: As far as I know, she's under the influence of a very selfish and beautiful ability right now.

A: It's time. Go on, say what you wish to happen.

X: I love my mom! I want to be with her all the time!
Hikari14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 am Reply with quote
Hint 1: spoiler[ A has the ability to transfer things said by one person to another person. B has the protographic memory, and B's partner, who is absent from this convo, has the same ability as Satoru Fujinuma, only weaker.]
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:35 am Reply with quote
I would assume this is from spoiler[Sagrada Reset. A is Sakagami, B is Kei, C is Sumire, X is Mari (or her clone, if you want to be really picky), and this is the scene where everyone's trying to get Mari's mother to accept Mari as her daughter.]

And curse you for subjecting me to another episode of this drudgery just to get the answer. . . Rolling Eyes
Hikari14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
Correct, and personally, I find it heartwarming. But then again, it could just be me.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Enh, the lame dialogue just kills that series for me - which is sad, because it sounds like it has some neat plot twists.

New quote, from the dub:

How strange is fortune! I had to travel to another world to meet the Goddess of Beauty! Oh goddess! So desperate am I for thy forbidden love that I might fall all the way from Heaven!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 50