• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio 4°C, Anime Limited to Launch Mind Game Blu-ray Kickstarter

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quote
Hey, Funimation: Take a lesson from this and see what would happen if you tried a Kickstarter for Tatami Galaxy.

(Well, assuming it succeeds, of course. I guess the lesson applies either way.)
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:27 am Reply with quote
dm wrote:
Hey, Funimation: Take a lesson from this and see what would happen if you tried a Kickstarter for Tatami Galaxy.

(Well, assuming it succeeds, of course. I guess the lesson applies either way.)

Its only $5700, it should make that with ease (I'm ready to put down some money). Tatami Galaxy sure would be nice, but Funi has been very inconsistent with their QC that I don't really trust them anymore.

What I really want badly is his Kemonozume. Come on somebody Kickstart that!
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Mind Game is one of my favorite anime films, so I'm very happy to see a new English release. I went looking months ago for anywhere to find the Australian DVD with no luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote
Hey ANN,
you might not know this, but the real reason behind this kickstarter is because Hoshino Gen who is doing the voice acting for "Senpai" in Yoru Wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, said in his radio show that he was very glad that he was picked for the main role of a Masaaki Yuasa movie, and that Mind Game is one of his most favorite movies ever and went on by saying "The movie was out in the DVD generation time, so this is a personal request from me. Please release the movie in Blu Ray" he requested this about three times in the same radio show.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
Tensai: I'm sure it's appreciated, but that's not enough to make it happen. 4C's probably been looking into this for a while.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quote
Ohhhhhhh I am so giving my money for this! Very Happy
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
I'd be inclined to give my money if I knew why they were aiming for such a low amount. It seems so low that I can't see how they couldn't raise it themselves, even if it is a "testing the waters" campaign, or whatever.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
Lemon: It was such a terrible seller that they're gauging demand?
jimoli5395

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
dm wrote:

Pretty sure Funi won't need a kickstarter for Tatami Galaxy thankfully. Anime Ltd have released the show in the UK on Blu-ray and considering the two companies have some sort of partnership I imagine Funi will use Anime Ltd's masters.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD! NO FRICKIN' WAY! Never before have I been so excited to throw money at something. I hope to see more kickstarters for THIS kind of thing. License my obscure anime favorites please! Someone do Kemonozume too. If they legitimately only need $6000, I feel like they could do that easily. DVD is fine for that too. I just want ta physical release in my hands that has English subtitles.

jimoli5395 wrote:
dm wrote:

Pretty sure Funi won't need a kickstarter for Tatami Galaxy thankfully. Anime Ltd have released the show in the UK on Blu-ray and considering the two companies have some sort of partnership I imagine Funi will use Anime Ltd's masters.

They still seem incredibly unlikely to do anything with Tatami. I don't think they actually have the Home Video rights for it, honestly. But regardless, someone desperately NEEDS to put it out.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:56 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:

Having seen Mind Game in special cinema showing—a visceral experience I am glad to have witnessed but unlikely to willingly repeat—I must say that I would prefer to see more of Yuasa's less experimental televised works as well. If Kemonozume is more like the beautiful but entangled Kaiba than the film in question, my assumption would be that it'd reward a viewer more readily.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

Having seen Mind Game in special cinema showing—a visceral experience I am glad to have witnessed but unlikely to willingly repeat—I must say that I would prefer to see more of Yuasa's less experimental televised works as well. If Kemonozume is more like the beautiful but entangled Kaiba than the film in question, my assumption would be that it'd reward a viewer more readily.

I would definitely describe Kemonozume as "experimental". This is the kind of animation you'll see during most of it. It's fantastic, but not for everyone. I think it's perfect for a platform like Kickstarter though.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Money. Mine. Take it.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know how to get notified as soon as this goes live? I know the time, but I can't trust myself to remember that. It'd be helpful if I could get an email notification as soon as it's up.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Will this only be open to UK backers since Anime Limited is a UK company? I recall trying to back one of their other crowdfunding campaigns but wasn't able to. I already have the Australian DVD release, but I'll gladly upgrade to Blu-Ray for Mind Game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2