• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Quick Answers Part 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lebrel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
genkisakurachan wrote:
Quote:
For the Love Stage!! adaption, the author picked her own brother as the voice actor for one of the main characters.

This case is more than a bit of an outlier. Daigo is a fairly well-known celebrity, musician and talento in Japan, with fame far eclipsing even the more well-known of BL mangaka like Taishi Zaou and Eiki Eiki

Yeah. I think the article might have mentioned this, actually; I doubt the studio would have agreed to use him if he had been Joe Random with no visibility or industry experience.
ChoGGi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
Next-gen HD (4K) is 3840 X 2160... You get the "4K" from the fact that the pixel count is doubled for BOTH the horizontal and vertical in for 4K /Next-gen HD/4K Blu ray.

"4K" is from DCI 4K (4096x2160 256:135)
"4K" UHD is for TV aspect ratios (3840x2160 16:9)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CR85747

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:32 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
GeorgeC wrote:

Is it the new movies stalling re-release, or does Gainax want too much for the licensing?
Is it out of Gainax's hands because of the alleged split of copyrights with Hideaki Anno after he left the company proper and formed his own production company?

I can't say why we haven't seen it re-licensed yet, but I can say that, yes, it is out of Gainax's hands at this point. The rights are no longer split though. Khara acquired full rights to Eva some time ago. Gainax has nothing to do with anything Eva-related anymore.

It is believed that Studio Khara won't re-license the original series outside Japan until the fourth Rebuild movie is out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2