• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 New Gundam Series to Premiere in Gundam Ace

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Universal Century is way too oversaturated. I'm not a newcomer but there's so much material to read it's impossible to catch up with new series coming out every year and. UC is not even the best timeline, we need more SEED and Wing material.
Gokario

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
Universal Century is way too oversaturated. I'm not a newcomer but there's so much material to read it's impossible to catch up with new series coming out every year and. UC is not even the best timeline, we need more SEED and Wing material.

We already have ongoing SEED and Wing mangas. The Wing one is called New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz: The Glory of Losers. It's like a retelling of Wing with all the different material made for it over the years added and the Katoki redesigns for the Gundams. We're actually getting an official English release for it this year by Vertical. If you don't want retellings I suppose you could look for New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop, which takes place 50 years after the events of Endless Waltz, but don't recommend it since I hear it's hot garbage and it got cancelled anyway.

The SEED one is called Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Re:, and it's kind of an improved retelling of the source material, kinda like Gundam: The Origin. If you don't want a retelling there's probably a Gundam SEED Astray manga currently running, but don't quote me on that, haha.

As for the UC stuff, don't even worry about it! You don't even really need to read the manga, just watch the anime. I'd recommend Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie Trilogy from 1981 to start. It's a condensed version of the 43-episode Mobile Suit Gundam anime into three movies, but it still manages to tell a very coherent, emotional story story and manages to make some changes you'll see in other UC shows. If you're interested, you can find it on the official Gundam.Info YouTube channel.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I have to read the Gundam Side Story 0079 manga, heck I can't believe it didn't get a manga sooner.
taichara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:21 am Reply with quote
[quote="Gokario"If you don't want retellings I suppose you could look for New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop, which takes place 50 years after the events of Endless Waltz, but don't recommend it since I hear it's hot garbage and it got cancelled anyway.[/quote]

"Hot garbage", and that's why the novel series was extended three volumes past its initially-planned ten, right?

Frozen Teardrop wasn't as much a failure as some of you like to paint it as, lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1