• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Split required Hiromi Yamada #41160

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quote
person#41160

This person is probably 4 people (photography, paint/finish, recording, animation). But consider this a placeholder post, I have not done any research yet...
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:18 am Reply with quote
Turned out to be a little more simple than I thought. 1 unknown photographer, 2 people in the wrong entry, and 1 newbie (or possible miscredited person) are keeping 山田ひろみ the finish animator company.
For now, I would just smite the incorrect credits, and if anybody has access to those fatal fury credits, that would be cool... But I'm tired tonight.

????
(1992) Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (special) : Photography - I found a copy of the english dubbed version of the anime on youtube, they have a Hiromi Yamada credited as a "Camera Operator"
(1993) Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle (special) : Photography - Same story as above

After seeing that Studio Twinkle did the photography on one of the Fatal Fury OVAs, I looked through their encyclopedia page looking for other 90s anime that they did photography on so I could look through some credits for a Yamada or a Hiromi. (Note to self, ask for company pages to allow for sorting by date like people's do on the next encyclopedia iteration...) Came up with nothing.

島田裕美 (Hiromi Shimada) Wrong credit, I added the right one.
(2011) Nana to Kaoru (OAV) : Finish Animation (ep 1) Source

山田ひろみ
(1995) Street Fighter II V (TV) : Painting (ep 5) Source
(1996) Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (TV) : Finish Animation (Miyazaki Animation Studio; ep 191) Source
(1996) Martian Successor Nadesico (TV) : Finish Animation (Miyazaki Animation Studio; ep 5) Source
(1998) His and Her Circumstances (TV) : Finish Animation (eps 5, 9, 17) Source
(1999) Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo: The Movie : Finish Animation Source

山田陽 (Yō Yamada) Wrong credits, I added to correct profile
(2002) Azumanga Daioh (TV) : Recording engineer Source
(2004) Yumeria (TV) : Recording (Sound Team Don Fan) Source

山田湖美 Animation
(2016) Flying Witch (TV) : Key Animation (山田湖美) (ep 1)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Animator split to person#155218

Is it impossible for the Fatal Fury credits to be the same person? I assume we're talking physical cel painting and filming; would these have been done within the same department?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say impossible, but the FF credits do have credits for Cel Painters (actually only companies are listed) in addition to Camera Operators. It would be nice to find japanese credits, but I've come up blank at the usual places and fansubs all seem to have been made from rips of the R1 DVDs, so they have the English credit translations.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Hot damn. I've found footage of the FF2 ED uploaded on youtube:

Quality is top notch, but it looks like 山田裕美. Not sure if that means the photographer and the finish are the different people.

Also, please enjoy this strange Google translate error/proof of the Illuminati:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1