• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 5th Digimon Adventure tri Film Reveals Poster Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:07 am Reply with quote
I'm totally fine with the fact they went with Ophanimon instead of Holydramon. I didn't like the idea of breaking the angel duo thing they have since the first series (even if it's the falldown mode, but still).
C-MC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
I'm still VERY VERY disappointed that we're getting Ofanimon Falldown Mode instead of Holydramon cause honestly I hate Ofanimon she sucks...

and it's a shame that we still haven't gotten a release date :/
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
I like Meicoomon's mega form a lot. A bit more metalic than I expected when compared to the leaked picture, but not in a bad way.

I prefer Orphanimon compared to Holydramon, personally speaking. There's always the off chance that Falldown mode is her dark digivolution, but the normal one is revealed to be Holydramon though.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quote
Why is Ophanimon so huge? I don't remember her being that big in Frontier
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:29 am Reply with quote
Well, count me among those who preferred Ophanimon over the Magnadramon crowd and I am curious to see how could Gatomon become corrupted and Digivolve into that because there's got to be something bad between her and Kari that must have lead to that.

As for the release date, all that it said was just 2017 but not the actual date? Come on, man! The previous four movies all gave us actual dates!
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:03 am Reply with quote
Wait that's not Ophanimon... what the...
RoamFree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:21 am Reply with quote
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as far as dark digivolution is concern. I would prefer if the 5th film be called Union, just to add some ambiguity as to what's going to happen with Mei and Hikari.
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Ophanimon_Falldown_Mode

Very interesting. Anyway, I've always preferred Ophanimon over Holydramon aswell. It always struck me odd how they went from beast to humanoid angel to beast again. Perhaps the reason why Tailmon did not go for it last episode like most of the other mons my be related why she goes into Downfall mode. Probably not =p

Regardless, last third of the series, hopefully it will kick of now and start answering questions. I mean seriously, Alphamon ?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
I prefer Orphanimon compared to Holydramon, personally speaking. There's always the off chance that Falldown mode is her dark digivolution, but the normal one is revealed to be Holydramon though.

I sure hope not. Angewomon was one of the hottest females of my childhood. When I first saw the movie I hated how she turned into a dumb looking dragon thing so when the PSP game made her official mega form Ophanimon I was very pleased.
kpk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
So... since both girls are in love with T.K.and this film will be about them, do you think their feelings for him will play a role?
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little salty it's not Holydramon/Magnadramon. I really liked the big fluffy celestial dragon :/ Then again, I prefer beastie digimon in general, haha.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:48 am Reply with quote
Actually Tailmon evolved to Holydramon because of holy ring. But in that movie there are too much inconsistent plot in it. Tailmon supposed to lost her holy ring in the beginning of 02. But dont know how can she evolved as Holydramon. So most people act like it is not cannon. Like Dukemon Crimson Mode in Tamers movie.

Anyway I prefer Ophanimon because her previously women angel form to become a beast look too silly to me.
C-MC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Wingbeats wrote:
I'm a little salty it's not Holydramon/Magnadramon. I really liked the big fluffy celestial dragon :/ Then again, I prefer beastie digimon in general, haha.
I know right ??? Ophanimon sucks bad Holydramon is way better, besides Hoyldramon is promoted heavily on the CSA 15th anniversary digivice and D-3 also the digimon tri card set
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1