Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Stan Lee & Studio Deen's The Reflection Superhero Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ultimatehaki



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 350
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Stop wasting time with other stuff and gives us konosuba 3 studio deen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kon'Doriano



Joined: 17 Sep 2016
Posts: 552
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness CR got this. This is one less show I can worry about. Now if they could just get Welcome to the Ballroom and Shoukoku no Altair before Amazon could, I'll be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mangamuscle



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1886
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Woah, it's is a early for this announcement, I suppose Crunchy is still shell-shocked after amazon grabbed so many good shows form under their noses for the Spring season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paulchaested



Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Thank goodness CR got this. This is one less show I can worry about. Now if they could just get Welcome to the Ballroom and Shoukoku no Altair before Amazon could, I'll be happy.


THIS. If CR can at least secure these two shows, I'll be a happy man.

EDIT: Actually if they can get Kakegurui Compulsive Gambler as well that'd be great. The manga is so damn entertaining.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShounnickMD



Joined: 11 Mar 2017
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Stop wasting time with other stuff and gives us konosuba 3 studio deen.


Lol, nah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheAncientOne



Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 1468
Location: USA (mid-south)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Woah, it's is a early for this announcement, I suppose Crunchy is still shell-shocked after amazon grabbed so many good shows form under their noses for the Spring season.

It is still not as early as their announcement over a month ago that they will have The Ancient Magus' Bride TV series this autumn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gemnist



Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 913
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
Does anyone else think that the character looks like the current Cyclops? Makes sense since Lee created both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gpanthony



Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 78
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:33 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Does anyone else think that the character looks like the current Cyclops? Makes sense since Lee created both.


Was just going to mention that... though I think the "current" current Scott is the younger time displaced version...if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BodaciousSpacePirate
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Posts: 1438
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 am Reply with quote
If you've seen the last half-dozen of Stan Lee's comic book creations, you'd be much less enthusiastic about this production. I'm still reeling at how bad Soldier Zero, Starborn, and The Traveler ended up being.

ultimatehaki wrote:
Stop wasting time with other stuff and gives us konosuba 3 studio deen.


Yeah, 'cause it's the animation studio itself that has ultimate control over whether another season of a light novel adaptation is getting made. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Gemnist



Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 913
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
Does anyone else think that the character looks like the current Cyclops? Makes sense since Lee created both.


Was just going to mention that... though I think the "current" current Scott is the younger time displaced version...if I'm not mistaken.


Well, the regular adult Cyclops (who I was referring to) just died. The displaced one is still alive. I guess that's the confusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekL1963
Space CowboySpace Cowboy


Joined: 14 Jan 2015
Posts: 398
Location: Puget Sound
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
If you've seen the last half-dozen of Stan Lee's comic book creations, you'd be much less enthusiastic about this production.


Yeah, I have *not* been impressed by the previous Japanese/Anime adaptions of Lee/Marvel franchises. I'm not holding my breath for Reflection. Boku no Hero Academia aside, it's not at all clear that Japan 'gets' American superhero tales.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group