• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: UQ Holder! GN 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Was this sign of UQ Holder! decline? When Touta took off, this when thing i thought were improving but then suddenly the training curve happened. It was necessary but things seem to get jumbled and not consistent.
Misopup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Why review a book that's already been superseded by two more volumes?
Talk about OLD "news".
xzy123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Misopup wrote:
Why review a book that's already been superseded by two more volumes?
Talk about OLD "news".

you don't see people mad at review about old anime
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 pm Reply with quote
How Is UQ Holder doing sales wise? I rarely ever see it get talked about, and from what i've read of it it doesn't seem particularly noteworthy. Is there really a demand for it?
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Haven't read any Akamatsu since Magister Negi Magi started. I just seen Negi's grave stone, this must be a spin off.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Haven't read any Akamatsu since Magister Negi Magi started. I just seen Negi's grave stone, this must be a spin off.

afraid not. this is a sequel through and through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Merxamers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to have to disagree with the reviewer concerning the emotional effectiveness of this arc. Your personal tastes will vary, of course, but I loved this arc back when i read this on Crunchy. This series really makes an effort to give background for Kitty's character (enough for me at least, if not the reviewer), and shows what makes Tota work as a character. He can be the typical shonen hero, but a lot of the time his relentless optimism is what makes him work for me. I thought this little arc was touching, and a high point of this series.

I also love Diana's design; you don't really see full-bodied characters like her that often in manga, especially considering that she's a vampire.

Since someone asked; i don't consider this part to be a 'decline' in the story; that will come later, IMO, when it basically officially becomes "Negima 2"
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
i highly doubt that. its unlikely that akamastu is going to go down the harem route involving tota as the MC , like with negi. so while it is indeed a sequel , its not really gonna be negima 2 at the slightest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1