Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Re:CREATORS


Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
killjoy_the



Joined: 30 May 2015
Posts: 1439
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
So, Magical Girl realizes she's actually damaging the town, hurting people, and that this world's rules aren't like hers, and thus she... powers up in order to do more damage?

What the hell.

Quips aside, I actually really liked how torn she got when she saw that her being in another world meant that the usual magical girl scenario won't happen. I'm also very interested in having a rival/villain show up and what he's got to add to all this. The main characters themselves, however, are a bit boring to me right now. Hopefully Selestia has good interactions with her Creator.

Also somehow I can see the review Theron's posted, but not the main series page for the reviews, and I had to manually create a title for this. Maybe I broke something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11027
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
This is like a reverse isekai show with a diverse cast of characters.

The only one I'm not impressed so far is Souta. He just seems so plain. Hopefully this show will develop him more. Besides that, I find this to be quite entertaining so far with what it has to offer. The technical aspects (especially the music) is done pretty well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kinghumanity



Joined: 03 Nov 2014
Posts: 212
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I must be the only one who's not a big fan of the music here, or any music by Hiroyuki Sawano. It's almost like his signature move to make his music as loud as possible, stealing the spotlight, and overshadow what's actually going on in the story.

In contrast, I'm much more of a fan of Yokoyama Masaru's music and OST (Your Lie in April, Plastic Memories, Erased, and the currently airing Seven Mortal Sins).

Quote:
And on a lighter note, what's going to happen when these characters discover doujinshi featuring them, especially all the hentai?


THANK YOU! I wanted to ask that since the beginning. Laughing Laughing


Last edited by kinghumanity on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nordhmmer



Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I have a secret hope that a certain 'Revi' an 'Rock' would show up-seeing how the bugger has not even finished the current arc,sort of a bone tossed to his fans.

One can dream right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nordhmmer



Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
This is like a reverse isekai show with a diverse cast of characters.

The only one I'm not impressed so far is Souta. He just seems so plain. Hopefully this show will develop him more. Besides that, I find this to be quite entertaining so far with what it has to offer. The technical aspects (especially the music) is done pretty well.



The anime so far has given us a girl jumping/pushed in front of the train,Souta's having a dead sister, the Military Princess knowing Souta and Souta's having an "unborn world".

So Souta has a bigger part to play it seems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lucio542



Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 108
Location: Brasil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Really an good show, liked the characters, the animation, and oblivious the music, sawano is great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zrnzle500



Joined: 04 Oct 2014
Posts: 2292
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Something tells me Mamika would be most disturbed by finding doujinshi of her, though I can't imagine Selesia would be pleased.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
donhumberto



Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 66
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
I must be the only one who's not a big fan of the music here, or any music by Hiroyuki Sawano. It's almost like his signature move to make his music as loud as possible, stealing the spotlight, and overshadow what's actually going on in the story.

Quote:
And on a lighter note, what's going to happen when these characters discover doujinshi featuring them, especially all the hentai?


THANK YOU! I wanted to ask that since the beginning.
Laughing Laughing


This. So much this. I thought I was the only one who thought Sawano is actually a terrible composer. I swear it, he manages to ruin almost every series he's in by copy-pasting the same ost over and over again. It's like he tries to draw all the attention to his ultra-bombastic music (which basically repeats the same motif every single time) instead of complementing the scenes, which is what a good composer should do.
It's such a pity with the huge amount of talented musicians making anime ost's he's currently the most succesful one... Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 7395
Location: IL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
"Otaku catnip" is a perfect way to describe series like this and Re:Zero. Thank you for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dash56



Joined: 06 Jul 2016
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Theron Martin wrote:
If the creation influences the Creator to change some aspect of their personal story, could they literally write their own destiny? What would happen if the creation got the Creator to institute retroactive changes?


I was thinking about this after the 2nd episode and wondered if that may not be an option. Maybe the ability to create these worlds is predicated upon the use of the author's imagination. So if they're being forced and not actually using the 'creative' side of their brains then the changes don't actually take place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 11808
Location: Windsor Ontario
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
but Silesia shines as a take-charge action heroine, a remarkably adaptable young woman who nonetheless doesn't take kindly to discovering that average people know everything about her, that she can be observed 24/7, and that someone else is controlling her life and everything that happens to her on his whim. I can easily see her becoming one of the season's hottest new characters.


It helps that she's not a violent tsundere or a stuck up "MUH HONOR" type of character you might expect her to be. I'll always welcome main heroines who are genuinely nice and friendly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
青白



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 54
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
kinghumanity wrote:
I must be the only one who's not a big fan of the music here, or any music by Hiroyuki Sawano. It's almost like his signature move to make his music as loud as possible, stealing the spotlight, and overshadow what's actually going on in the story.

Quote:
And on a lighter note, what's going to happen when these characters discover doujinshi featuring them, especially all the hentai?


THANK YOU! I wanted to ask that since the beginning.
Laughing Laughing


This. So much this. I thought I was the only one who thought Sawano is actually a terrible composer. I swear it, he manages to ruin almost every series he's in by copy-pasting the same ost over and over again. It's like he tries to draw all the attention to his ultra-bombastic music (which basically repeats the same motif every single time) instead of complementing the scenes, which is what a good composer should do.
It's such a pity with the huge amount of talented musicians making anime ost's he's currently the most succesful one... Sad


I personally love his music, would watch every show that has his music, and lot of people probably feels the same. The only time his music is bombastic is when there is a fight scene, and the director of the show makes sure that the fight is also bombastic (no pun intended) to maximize the hype level of the scene. And Sawano is perfectly capable of composing atmospheric BGM for non-fighting scenes too, there are already quite a few of them in Re:Creators, for instance I really liked the one that played when Matsubara was evaluating Selesia's appearance when they first met, it perfectly captured the "playboyish" atmosphere of the scene (I don't know a better word than "playboyish").

I really don't know what you mean by "ruin almost every series he's in by copy-pasting the same ost over and over again". Some shows and games were great precisely because of his involvement, and those shows wanted people who watch it to be hyped as ****, and that was exactly what Sawano's music helped those shows achieve. I mean, Attack on Titan would not be Attack on Titan if it wasn't for Sawano. Kill la Kill would not be the same if it wasn't for Sawano. A lot of shows would not be the same if it wasn't for Sawano. A lot of shows WOULDN'T have been as good if it wasn't for Sawano (like Aldnoah Zero).


Last edited by 青白 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 878
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I've paid much attention to his work, but I really enjoyed the music for Thunderbolt Fantasy.

And I really wonder how any of these fights are going to be covered up. The last fight was at nighttime and no one really got a clear view, but a magical girl flying around and bombing buildings is rather difficult to hide.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceTheGamer



Joined: 17 Dec 2016
Posts: 128
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
This anime certainly looks like an interesting ride. I picked it up on whim when it started and it already sucked me in (I started with Re:Zero in a similiar way one year ago and turned out great, I'm hoping it'll be the same for Re:Creators)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Parsifal24



Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 832
Location: Holland MI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
So far out of everything I'm watching this season Re:Creators is the thing I like the most I mean the fan speculation alone is a thing to behold. I mean the newest character has shown up and people on social media already have him pegged as a coded Persona reference or Shaman King, or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or a mixture of all three.

As well as probably one of the funnier bits for me at least is the beginning of the series being long bits of philosophical and expository dialogue because the character doing it is the NPC tutorial/save point character it still makes me laugh as I think about it. Personally I can't wait for Makagami Chikujouin (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto) to show up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 25

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group