• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (SukaSuka)

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:30 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
, though perhaps they ought to get an experienced series composition writer to help the author if not take over the writing of the show.

Considering there is another story line which provides a double tap when combined with Chtholly's and it was left out, I very much agree with your comment.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
Great final episode, but I'm a bit confused about whether Willem and Nephren were suppose to make it out of there or not. Ctholly gave up her existence to go save Willem so I expected them to make it, but it didn't look like any of them could really move or had a way to get back to the ship. Lizard guy said they were dead, and the sage seemed to imply that too... then there were those pings on his globe... but why wouldn't those have shown up before and if nobody has seen them, are they still surviving on the surface somehow? I don't think it really effects how much I like the series one way or the other, but I wish it was a bit more clear.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 am Reply with quote
I liked the finale. This title started strong for me, dipped in the middle section and then climbed back somewhat in the last two episodes. I've rated it as Good. I've been reading Nordhammer's spoiler content and it does seem like the adaptation of the source material was not handled as well as it could have been. Pity.
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:58 am Reply with quote
While it definitely could have changed things up in the middle, that last episode was one of the strongest endings of the entire season. No question. Definitely helped make up some points in my book.

And for all the complaints that the slice-of-life scenes got, they definitely made the finale much more meaningful. That entire scene with Scarborough Fair playing was breath-taking.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:03 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Great final episode, but I'm a bit confused
.. then there were those pings on his globe... but why wouldn't those have shown up before and if nobody has seen them, are they still surviving on the surface somehow? I don't think it really effects how much I like the series one way or the other, but I wish it was a bit more clear.

.A story line was cut but it's roots remained,this factors into into the whys and hows certain events may or may not have been prearranged to occur(vague enough?).

The Grand Sage's life scanner scene is one of the few anime originals,it simply is meant to add the cliffhanger which is missing from where the adaption choose to end.

And to tie into a second season which would answer your question(would recommend reading the novel first, takes time for pigs to get airborne).

For me, just the author offering hope to his audience(It's a Trap!),something he does often in both novels.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
And to tie into a second season which would answer your question(would recommend reading the novel first, takes time for pigs to get airborne)

I'm not sure I'll ever read the novel, and as you implied, things like this rarely ever get a second season. If you happen to know, I'd be perfectly happy with a spoiler.
Yuichirobrah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:51 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Great but first few episode had me confused since it was sorta all over the place and thought I had missed and episode before the one I was watching, the ending gave me akame ga kill flashbacks where everyone died, it just doesn't hit me with good vibes since I like things to end smoothly but I can't be helped sometimes. Lastly I was pretty much getting salty and talking to my tv venting on why it had to end that way... But I still liked it. Anyways it's my first time posting here so I probably posted this in the wrong section... Sorry! I guess I didn't really spoil it sorta... I guess but probably did... Once again sorry...]
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I liked the series a lot though it was very sad to see Ctholly die at the end. I do wish that the ending had been a bit more clear and a bit less "buy the light novels". Instead of making me do an internet search it would have taken the series only 10 seconds to show that Nephren and Willem spoiler[were still alive]. I do hope that the series sales well enough to get a second season.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the ending left it all that ambiguous at all. Beyond what was clearly shown, that ping said it all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21