• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Titan-Sized First Edition

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
Not interested in this column/feature. Remove the Twitter aspect, and I will take a look.

One-Eye wrote:
I think it might work better for me as a quick and short podcast. No more than 5-10min something you can quickly digest while on break.

I have thought for a while that it would be nice to have 3 ANN critics discuss the anime season in a monthly podcast of 40-45 minutes.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
^I know it's been discussed before, but I would absolutely be thrilled with more podcasts in general. ANNCast is the most consistently substantial and interesting podcast I listen to, and I do happen to have time for more of those. So yeah, I'd love to have one with some of the site critics discussing anime more. Or talking about the industry. I've always wondered what Kevin Cirugeda sounds like. lol As a sakuga fan, I've always wanted them to start up a podcast for the site, but having him as a guest would be cool too.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote

I would definitely be open to more podcasts, but more focused subject wise and time wise. Not the hour or more long of the regular ANNCast as finding such a chunk of time can be a little challenging at times.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I admit I may be in an unusual position, but I love the longer podcasts. I usually have 5 or more hours per day where I'm able to listen to podcasts, so the length has never been a problem for me. Anything less than 45 minutes honestly feels a little too insignificant for me, but if there were multiple podcasts on ANN, I could be okay with them not being super long, I suppose.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:33 pm Reply with quote
That was possibly the most obnoxious thing I have ever read on this site.
srlracing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 am Reply with quote
Not a fan of this new format. It reminds me a bit of the Anime in America feature that last ran in 2015 animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-12-30/theron-and-rebecca-anime-in-america-2015/.97032 but I much prefer the more formal style of that conversation. It is not unsalvageable but needs tweaking for me to continue reading this feature because I do like the idea but the presentation kills me. It really might be better suited for a short format podcast.
chaccide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Annoying format. I read on my phone and the text is tiny and doesn't fit in the bubbles, and the back and forth is a lot of eye strain. And before anyone says it, it's very different from reading text messages because a) you get one message at a time and aren't trying to read this like text, and b) the font is much bigger. I had to expand the page to read it and then not everything was visible and I had to keep shifting the page around to see it. I had a headache by the end. No thanks.
navycherub

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:26 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
I wish there was a column that highlights (actually highlights, not mentions as an aside) less mainstream or popular shows like Seikaisuru Kado or Atom... I'd read shitposting about those. I guess no such luck, though.

I want to echo this sentiment. I like the concept but it still ended up being the same sort of shows you see talked about everywhere, despite how many shows are actually airing that deserve at least some time in the spotlight as well. A casual discussion feature like this seems perfect for highlighting those shows (like Kado and Atom as SHD pointed out), but it still ended up being mostly focused on the big hits like Titan and Academia.
Stereo Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Just a bit of feedback on this format. Idk about everyone else, but physically reading the conversation feels very tiresome. As others have mentioned looking back and forth gets tiring, but also the amount of content. I threw the text into a word count and came back with 4,000 words on one of these. That's about 16 pages if you were writing a MLA paper. Not to mention reading on the colored backgrounds can also be hard to read for a long duration.

I like that there are sub sections and it makes it easy to navigate to particular content, but the writers might want to consider various methods for condensing.

I really appreciate the energy and tone of these articles and would love this as a podcast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3