• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Orange Manga Gets New Chapter in May

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Just what more does the author have to add to this? Once a series is done, it should be done.
lys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 pm Reply with quote
More insight into the other timeline? Stories about characters who weren't explored as much in the original series? I've thought before that Takano-sensei gets especially attached to her characters, because she still posts little bonus comics on twitter now and then for the series she wrote several years before this. Because I'm also quite attached to her characters, I don't see this as a bad thing :)
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 am Reply with quote
On the one hand, I can see why she'd write from Suwa's perspective. But on the other. . . I hope the story's messages aren't getting diminished over time? She did a great job the first time around, and I was glad to finally read from Kakeru's perspective.

I just hope that this isn't a case of her being forced to continue beyond the story's value and means, for the sake of it selling.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
I hope Seven Seas pick up the new manga material that is being released. I assume that Orange did well for them, and I base that off the licensing of Dreamin' Sun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1