• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite raid in an anime/manga *SPOILERS*

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternalNothingness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:22 am Reply with quote
And when I say "raid", I don't mean like in an MMORPG anime like Log Horizon and Sword Art Online. No, what I mean is a raid in any genre of anime and manga, like shonen fighting, majo shojo, super/real robots, etc.

In my opinion, it's probably spoiler[the Sailor Senshi's final raid on the Dark Kingdom's lair at the end of Sailor Moon's first season, and not without a good reason, either. During that raiding sequence, all four of the Inner Senshi sacrifice their lives one-by-one to ensure that Usagi -- their leader -- reached the final battle against Queen Beryl and Metalia. And,
to add more of an emotional impact, we get to see Usagi get traumatized by their deaths,
to the point of psychologically breaking down and losing faith, before regaining said faith from the deceased spirits of her friends, giving her comfort and company even after they die for her.]
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:07 am Reply with quote
EternalNothingness wrote:
And when I say "raid", I don't mean like in an MMORPG anime like Log Horizon and Sword Art Online. No, what I mean is a raid in any genre of anime and manga, like shonen fighting, majo shojo, super/real robots, etc.

In my opinion, it's probably spoiler[the Sailor Senshi's final raid on the Dark Kingdom's lair at the end of Sailor Moon's first season, and not without a good reason, either. During that raiding sequence, all four of the Inner Senshi sacrifice their lives one-by-one to ensure that Usagi -- their leader -- reached the final battle against Queen Beryl and Metalia. And,
to add more of an emotional impact, we get to see Usagi get traumatized by their deaths,
to the point of psychologically breaking down and losing faith, before regaining said faith from the deceased spirits of her friends, giving her comfort and company even after they die for her.]

Despite the interesting topic, I'm scared a mod is just gonna ban it because we have that super vague, all purpose "top favorite x" thing pinned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1