• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Netflix Opens Placeholder Page for ID-0 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow wasnt expecting netflix to get this show. Hopefully it will be better than i thought it would be.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Slightly related since I don't see news about it, but they have one for Little Witch as well. https://www.netflix.com/title/80156387

Not new news, but it only showed up on search within the last few weeks.
Kinda surprised/upset it's not up yet given that the show is on episode 15 coming up this weekend...

As for ID-O ...seems interesting. I like Range Murata a lot at least. Still wish Netflix would get with the program and just add episodes weekly. Even Amazon is doing that.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Really? Netflix wanted to get this? I fail to see any potential in that show.
jroa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:

I could give you several reasons, starting with the sci-fi setting and the concept of mind transfer as a key part of the plot, but here's a simple structural one: Netflix has access to more information than whatever you might have been able to pick up so far. It doesn't mean you'll like the show or not, absolutely, but there is more to the series than two or three cute girls in space.
Sume Gai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:05 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
It is directed by Goro Tanaguchi, that's enough for me to give this a look. I've always found he manages to make something... interesting... even with relatively weak concepts.
jroa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 am Reply with quote
In related news, there's a new PV with some interesting contents from future episodes of ID-0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThxlZiqX2M0

Which, in my opinion, reiterates the show does plan to tell a relatively serious story at heart.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The show's complete Blu-ray Disc and DVD box set will ship on August 29, and while Bandai doesn't list an episode count, it does list that the box sets will include 290 minutes of footage.

Who's releasing this in the US? Is there a company that has picked up most of the former Bandai US shows?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
^so far shows that Netflix have licensed don't have a consistent company for home video releases. Knights of Sidonia and Ajin: Demi-human went to Sentai, but recently The Seven Deadly Sins wound up with Funimation. As far as I know, Kuromukuro and Magi: Adventure of Sinbad haven't been announced for any physical release in the US yet.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
If I was the head of this project, I would rather have Crunchyroll stream it exclusively and for all possible countries outside of Japan. This is because I think CR has a better track record of how they market anime to the masses. Netflix may have more available countries but CR takes more of an initiative in advertising it's anime.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 am Reply with quote
Even if you did get a hold of the Netflix execs, you would still not get an exact answer of when it is coming to Netflix. Stupid.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:33 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
^so far shows that Netflix have licensed don't have a consistent company for home video releases. Knights of Sidonia and Ajin: Demi-human went to Sentai, but recently The Seven Deadly Sins wound up with Funimation. As far as I know, Kuromukuro and Magi: Adventure of Sinbad haven't been announced for any physical release in the US yet.

Kuromukuro was licensed by Ponycan USA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1