• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Go to Shut Down Streets for Public Events

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:35 am Reply with quote
I thought it said "Pokemon Go to Shut Down" and I was thinking "gosh, I know people aren't playing it these days, but I didn't realise to that extent!", then I saw the rest.

Anyway, this reminds me of in Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale, where they shut down streets when monsters appear in the VR thing
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:29 am Reply with quote
It sounds like an attempt to boost interest in the game but it's past it's peak. It was a one season fad. Once kids started going back to school they stopped playing it. And the game wasn't compatible with winter.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
And the game wasn't compatible with winter.

People Ingress through winter... and I know of people who played Pokemon Go through the winter. And a lot of people who aren't kids who play it.

It may be past it's fad driven peak - but that doesn't mean there's not a lot people still playing it.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:46 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
I thought it said "Pokemon Go to Shut Down" and I was thinking "gosh, I know people aren't playing it these days, but I didn't realise to that extent!", then I saw the rest.

lol that's how I read it too. Though I know a lot of people still play the game on a daily basis. I work at a regional park and people go to that park to play the game every day. The park has at least 60 pokestops so that's probably why they love to go there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1