• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So lately digital print has taken over papers, in general

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleDrew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
What i am wondering is if can publishers, companies etc whoever profits from manga could profit more with selling digital prints than they profit with paper prints.

And how did i think this Very Happy ? İ was thinking about why sales were going down etc and tried to eliminate resons one by one such as Japan's economy and young population not being at its good times like pre '95, obviously popular series end in late 90s and there was a little bit loss with those, and finally i was thinking if declining in sales had something to do with digital printing. You know as far as i have searched at internet i have always seen writings and comments about how Japanese publishing companies were late to digitalizing, since going raw to digital is a big thing like when you have a wooden sword when you were a little kid you met with video games and things gone digital, buying an Atari was obviously more expensive than buying a wooden sword. İ thought that if digital publishing in future or now could be less profitable than paper publishing or not? İ sound like its likely to be digital is better than paper almost at everything including profits for companies but i just had a guess that they would just convert to digital forms from paper books/magazines just because it would be easier to sell manga and less cost of printing a book/magazine etc. What made me suspicious? My little knowledge about how much they would have to sell more than cost of publishing mangas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1