• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build _Extra Battle Project Anime's 2 Parts Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:25 am Reply with quote
They're being so mean with the new footage :/
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:52 am Reply with quote
I said the initial trailer sounded like Initial D Battle Stage and looks like I was 50% right.
JohnHawk

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Call me when its season 3 world tournament featuring the cast of both seasons back in 1v1 format and I'll care
Cabron

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 pm Reply with quote
>Veteran animator and director Masami Obari, who has himself served as a key animator and mecha animator in both Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try, is directing the short film.
My body is ready.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
JohnHawk wrote:
Call me when its season 3

I am going to have to agree on that, this is cool and all but after IBO's slog (fun as it was) I could go for the Gundam franchise tick-tocking between something serious and fun for a bit. GBF would fill that gap at least until G-Reco S2.

Quote:
featuring the cast of both seasons back in 1v1 format

You are going to have to hear me out, but honestly I am not so sure that bring back both casts would be a good idea. Iori and Reiji are pretty much complete after the Try OVA and the Try cast would requite some rework to make them more interesting.

I personally was looking forward to the 3v3 format of Try, but GBF in general is a super robot show in the guise of Gundam. It was never really build to work inside of those constraints. Almost all the fights boiled down to 1v1 face offs in which Sekai (and his rather stubborn approach) was the answer almost all fights by basically steamrolling everything in his way. Hell, even Reiji (whom is equally as stubborn) was willing and able to use terrain when the situation called for it and had fights with some real tension to them.
Try didn't have nearly as many moments where I can point to where that happened.

And for GOD SAKES, Make Lucas relevant in some manner. Have him job was the hardest thing to watch in Try. Make him a villian, make him interesting, make him something other that this "wink-nudge" character that appears to want to do something then have him do nothing.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:
JohnHawk wrote:
Call me when its season 3

I am going to have to agree on that, this is cool and all but after IBO's slog (fun as it was) I could go for the Gundam franchise tick-tocking between something serious and fun for a bit. GBF would fill that gap at least until G-Reco S2.

Quote:
featuring the cast of both seasons back in 1v1 format

You are going to have to hear me out, but honestly I am not so sure that bring back both casts would be a good idea. Iori and Reiji are pretty much complete after the Try OVA and the Try cast would requite some rework to make them more interesting.

I personally was looking forward to the 3v3 format of Try, but GBF in general is a super robot show in the guise of Gundam. It was never really build to work inside of those constraints. Almost all the fights boiled down to 1v1 face offs in which Sekai (and his rather stubborn approach) was the answer almost all fights by basically steamrolling everything in his way. Hell, even Reiji (whom is equally as stubborn) was willing and able to use terrain when the situation called for it and had fights with some real tension to them.
Try didn't have nearly as many moments where I can point to where that happened.

And for GOD SAKES, Make Lucas relevant in some manner. Have him job was the hardest thing to watch in Try. Make him a villian, make him interesting, make him something other that this "wink-nudge" character that appears to want to do something then have him do nothing.

Maybe this Build Fighters is a retro-con of the series after the first season. With everyone coming back for season 2 of the original one just after the first (maybe, no word.)

I've heard from a fan closer to the fanbase that Try wasn't as well received due to it's going bit over the top. I didn't mind Try, i actually liked it better than the original. Started watch the first one, frankly i thought it was lacking something Try had. Maybe the G-Gundam is a thing. Then again, my tastes varies, I known Japanese fan-base is much more different in what they like in comparison to the West.

Try did try, but it end people like old school GBF cast better. No growing up for you!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1