• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English-Subtitled Death Parade, The Rolling Girls, More Move to Crunchyroll

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Errr... Any idea why both services can't have the subs.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Suena wrote:
Well good. After Funi updated their site, it went from hard-to-navigate to impossible-to-navigate. I will be much happier to watch their stuff on Crunchyroll. Move more soon!

Funi's site is rather annoying, I just add what I want to my Que and that's how I keep track of anime I want to watch now.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

I guess it has to do with this partnership: one site gets subs and the other gets dubs. Of course, I assume the Japanese rights holders may have also decided this. That is, such a partnership is something where the Japanese companies likely have a say in.
sputn1k

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

You can have both services as part of a single subscription via VRV (www.vrv.co). So there is no need to have 2 separate services with the same content.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
Suena wrote:
Well good. After Funi updated their site, it went from hard-to-navigate to impossible-to-navigate. I will be much happier to watch their stuff on Crunchyroll. Move more soon!

Funi's site is rather annoying, I just add what I want to my Que and that's how I keep track of anime I want to watch now.

While I do like that by having a Funi account you can watch all the old catalog I have to agree their site is not easy to navigate at all. Especially when I use their app on my X-box One. I hate how every time I add a show to the queue it puts me back at the start of the menu. So I have to re-organize the shows alphabetically and then go find the next show to add to the queue. Rinse and repeat. Very time consuming. Plus I've had issues where I get logged out randomly for no reason. Love their stuff, but man I wish they'd improve that site/streaming app.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Any chance any of this stuff will be also available in latin america? Anime cry
mbanu

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 am Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
As I assume that these are done in some order of popularity, every time I see this I think, "Why don't people like Tatami Galaxy more?"

The subtitles aren't done well for that kind of show. They try to subtitle ever single on-screen reference and the dialog at the same time, which demands your full attention. If you watch anime by yourself, that's not a problem. If you watch anime with other people around, it becomes very easy to miss things.

If there was ever an anime that would benefit from a fandub, it would be Tatami Galaxy.

Also, Masaaki Yuasa loves to play around with character designs; some people can adjust to those art styles easily and enjoy the show itself, while others will spend the entire show asking themselves, "Why the hell does he look like that?"
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

Just as an FYI, but on the Funi player, you can select between English and Japanese audio in on many of their shows. You can also select between broadcast and uncut on some of them. When you first go to start an episode on Funi, it provides you with options for these selections. I'm talking about the PS4 version of their player; I don't know if the Xbox 1 version is the same, though I suspect that it is.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:32 am Reply with quote
Folks, if you cancel both your CR/Funi subscription accounts and then link both to a VRV account, you can watch CR/Funi shows on VRV but use single paywall of $9.95/month.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:52 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Folks, if you cancel both your CR/Funi subscription accounts and then link both to a VRV account, you can watch CR/Funi shows on VRV but use single paywall of $9.95/month.

Apparently VRV is missing several shows from their catalogues, especially Funimation's. Plus, a lot of people have complained about issues with the VRV apps. I've even read it's less usable than the CR app, which I would imagine would be quite bad. The last time I used the CR app, it was a train wreck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2