• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Gets New Anime Film on January 6

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quote
Oh nice, I look forward to this. Wasn't a big fan of the second season but I think a movie could do justice to wrap up the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
Well, meanwhile I haven't even seen the first season. Is this movie an adaptation of the novels or is it original?
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 am Reply with quote
OH MY GOD!! What a pleasant surprise!! Who would habe thought they would get a movie!?! Awesome!!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:57 am Reply with quote
Aha! Does this mean the relationship will get... upgrade, traction... what relationship...
Well, if this film is a challenge from the producers to ignore season two, I'll guess I'll take them on.

I do hope the song reference is intentional otherwise it's kind of weird.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:06 am Reply with quote
If Rikka is a 3rd year then shouldn't Kumin have graduated...?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:17 am Reply with quote
TAAAAAAKE OOOOON MEEEEEE
(TAKE ON ME)
TAAAAAAKE MEEEEEE OOOON
(TAKE ON ME)
I'LL BE GOOOONE
IN A DAY OR TWOOOOOO

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Okay so Season 2 was really unnecessary and all but I still wanna be optimistic about this. KyoAni movies, or at least the ones that aren't compilations, tend to be really good (Note: I haven't seen Beyond the Boundary Part 2 or High Speed).

So I'm optimistic. Slightly cautious, but I want to like this movie when it comes out.
wastrel

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
If Rikka is a 3rd year then shouldn't Kumin have graduated...?

That makes sense... but... no Kumin??? No nap competitions???

(wailing) NOOOOOOOOOOzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
If Sentai licenses this, then we could expect a release here sometime in 2019 (earliest). So, we may get this towards the end of this decade.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 am Reply with quote
This news really came out of nowhere was surprised though it took that long since the tv series was selling really good.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 am Reply with quote
Goody. As a huge fan of the first season (season 2 was fine but kinda pointless), I hope this new movie is good and serves as a worthy conclusion to the franchise. After season two ended I wanted to see more anime content, but a full season seemed unlikely. Still, I at least wanted a movie, but after last year I started to lose hope. I am glad my wish for a movie is coming true.

Hopefully we get to watch it legally soon after the Japan premiere. If the movie is good I want Sentai to release it and do a dub with the same excellent quality of the dubs for the two tv seasons. I am getting excited to see one of my favorites animes back.
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:44 am Reply with quote
Never expected this I am beyond happy
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Hopefully we get to watch it legally soon after the Japan premiere..

If it's held by TBS like the others, it'll be a miracle to get any type of release within 2 years from the premiere.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I don't really care anymore about those characters, that, thanks to season 2.

Especially that it's a movie which will basically only feature Rikka and Yuuta, with the other characters appearing for unnecessary and forgettable roles. I used to like seeing their dynamics as an ensemble cast of characters, so for now, I think I'll pass.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

If it's held by TBS like the others, it'll be a miracle to get any type of release within 2 years from the premiere.

I am aware the disc release could take a while, but I was referring to showing the movie in a theater or legal streaming.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

I am aware the disc release could take a while, but I was referring to showing the movie in a theater or legal streaming.

That's why I said "any type of release." TBS is reportedly one of the worst licensors to work with and this isn't a big franchise series outside of Japan or made by a famous director, so it's doubtful that it'd play in theatres despite the increase in anime films in theatres. Streaming is doubtful prior to a disc release as the finances aren't there yet to make it worthwhile for US release with TBS titles. (Silent Voice is rare and it did run in theatres prior to digital release) I just don't see it happening very soon in the West.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2