• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Books

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenneth Abuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:45 am Reply with quote
I just bought a few physical mangas because I decided to start collecting, I noticed that there's a plastic that was kinda getting remove from the manga cover. What is that is it some sort of protector?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I've seen stuff like that on some paperback books, but never on US published manga. What title, publisher and country are you talking about??

Generally something like that which is stuck to the cover is not intended to come off. If it gets frayed about the edges in is probably best to leave it be. Taking it off usually leaves a sticky residue or is only partially removable, sometimes both.

There is a laminate type plastic that can be used to cover paperback covers, but it will usually be seen only in libraries or from people who have access to library type supplies. Are these books used?
Land Stander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
If you bought it used, there could be laminate put on to protect over many uses - for example an ex library book.

LS
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1