• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars!!!!!! Reaches Crowdfunding Goal for PC Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I would like Sega to do the same and bring Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition to the PC.
XSp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, I almost backed this one up... but it was a bit too expensive for me.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
I would like Sega to do the same and bring Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition to the PC.

Considering they didn't localize Ignition for PS3, PS Vita and PS4 after localizing the original version for PS3 and PS Vita, I don't think Sega is interested or at least wants to give the version they released more breathing time.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

Considering they didn't localize Ignition for PS3, PS Vita and PS4 after localizing the original version for PS3 and PS Vita, I don't think Sega is interested or at least wants to give the version they released more breathing time.

Sega is funny...
They were one of the best arcade developers in the mid-1990s and I loved their last two game consoles but they're in a funny place.
The company is supposedly more secure financially than it was before the Saturn and Dreamcast debacles but you hardly see anything released on consoles in the West besides Sonic reissues... They have so much more than that!
I've never been that impressed by their fighting game franchises to be honest. They never controlled that well IMHO and the characters were just not that memorable.

As for their vehicle driving games, they had the best arcade racers IMHO, very good 2-D shooters (Space Harrier and what), excellent light gun games (House of the Dead -- has ANYBODY released a new light gun/shooter like this in the HD age that WORKS on HDTV?!?), and a good air combat game or two (WingArms on the Saturn).

But lately ---!
Yeah, if you're not in Japan or didn't have access to the PS2 Sega Ages or PS3-Japan exclusives, you were SOL unless you kept your older consoles.
It's crying shame... The racers are as playable as ever (Daytona USA, VR Virtua Racing, Sega Rally, Manx TT Extreme Bike) and the multi-player games should be available if they can make them work over the Net.
I don't know what they're thinking or if they care anymore... They really have sort of become the Japanese equivalent to Atari in the sense that there's a diminishing base of old gamers who knew the magic that company had in the 1990s. They were cooler and better in the videogame industry than Nintendo for a while. They actually outsold the SNES with the Genesis in the US and Europe for a while... Too bad they were never able to capitalize on their arcade franchises and really do good ports of them when it would have helped but no gaming system in the mid-1990s could replicate the experience of $15,000-$20,000 arcade machines (Model 1 and 2) with chipsets designed by Lockheed Martin! It was almost ten years before they finally had a generation of game consoles that could do the Model 2 games justice!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:26 am Reply with quote
YES! Very Happy They've made it with three weeks left over!
I wonder how far they'll make it through the stretch goals before the campaign's over...
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
excellent light gun games (House of the Dead -- has ANYBODY released a new light gun/shooter like this in the HD age that WORKS on HDTV?!?)

Isn't there too much latency in digital processing on HDTVs for traditional light guns to work? ISTR that there are motion control light guns that might work, but I doubt they're as precise.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 am Reply with quote
Glad the crowdfunding is a success. Good for them. Hope they will reach their stretch goals too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1