• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blak3 Nikos - reviews (spoiler warning)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted August 9, 2016

Original on my G+ page

I know what some people who own Netflix and have read my previous reviews are going to say. "This anime is not on Netflix. You said that you would stop watching anime on illegal streaming sites." I did say that, but here's the thing, I watched it on a legal streaming site called Crunchyroll. I'll explain the details on how I was able to watch this anime on Crunchyroll after the review is over. For now here is my review of Charlotte.

"The story takes place in an alternate reality where a small percentage of children manifest superhuman abilities upon reaching puberty. A focus is placed on Yuu Otosaka, a high school boy who awakens the ability to temporarily possess others, which brings him to the attention of Nao Tomori, the student council president of a school founded as a haven for children with such abilities." (Info by wiki)

I must say this show is a very fascinating one. Granted episode 1-5 is not all that great. It's just the characters trying to find other people with special abilities and try to stop them from using it to cause harm to others or to be sure they don't get capture by evil scientist. But when you get to episode 6-13 the show will begin to take a serious with a little light in it route. I can't spoil anything that happens, but I all I can say is that it's defiantly worth the watch.

Aside from the storyline the show has some characters that are alright especially the main character Yuu (He's one of those who starts off as a jerk, but later on turns into a very nice and caring guy cliché.) The artwork was pretty decent. An one last thing before I move on to the negative parts of this show.

I have to say I have to give props to some of the Japanese voice actors and actress who where speaking English for their characters. Even though (except for the person who voiced Sara Shane) they sound a little weird and maybe a bit off, but at least they were trying. I really love it when Japanese voice actors or actresses try to speak are language, it sounds pretty interesting when they do it. An who knows if they improve their English they might even replace our American voice actors with them instead. That would be a pretty interesting thing to happen. (But then again maybe not, who knows.)

Sadly this show has some downsides that I'll have to address.

1. The pacing of this show can be a little to fast sometimes. 2. I'm not going to spoil this part but there was this one part in episode 9 that made no sense. Another thing I can say about this part was that it was being very illogical. 3. Episode 13 should've been an OVA. Even though it was a continuation of the series. I felt like it was just some extra filler the creator of the show wanted to put in. That's nice and all, but I feel like this episode should've been a bonus episode instead. 4. I can't spoil this one either, but it's something that happen in episode 13 that wasn't explain.

In conclusion even though the show had some downsides doesn't mean it was a terrible show. I still find the storyline fascinating. I still find the characters to be alright. An still give props to some of the Japanese VO's who had to speak English for their characters (Especially the one who voiced Sara Shane, I really liked her acting, her singing, and her character.) I'm giving this anime 8/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Alrighty, I bet some of you guys want to know how I got a Crunchyroll account and how I was able to watch this for free. Well I got a free 30 day trial from GameStop as a reward (Its because I have one of their membership cards.) I'm only using this free trial so that way I can review some anime's on a legal streaming site (I also use it to read some manga and watch Mob Psycho 100.)

I highly recommend you guys get the free 30 day trial as well. An if you can afford a Crunchyroll account and if you want to watch some of the anime's, drama shows, or read the manga's they own. I highly recommend you give them a shot. If not there's always FUNimation. Granted they won't have some of the things that Crunchyroll owns, but at least they have some anime's that the site doesn't stream.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted September 1, 2016

Hey guys Blake Nikos here and today I'm going to be reviewing another anime. This anime right here is called Moribito: Guardian Of The Spirit. An I know what some of you are probably going to ask. "Blake what made you want to review this anime?" Well random stranger I have 2 reasons for doing this. 1. Because after reading some info about this show I became so fascinated by it that I decided to go watch it and do a review for it as well. The 2nd reason (and this started before the 1st) I saw this one video from a youtuber I'm currently subscribed to (The Anime Man) and he found this stupid article where it discuss and I'm not kidding you, Anime is from the freakin Devil himself.

When I read the full article myself, I saw some things that were ok, but the rest is just absolute nonsense. I was so baffled by this article that it motivated me to review this anime. Now If you want to look at this article yourself, you can go ahead and click right here: http://blog.amightywind.com/dangers-of-anime/. But for now I'm just going to get on with this review. So without further ado here is my review of Moribito.

"Balsa, spear wielder and bodyguard, is a wandering warrior who has vowed to atone for eight deaths in her past by saving an equivalent number of lives. On her journey, she saves Prince Chagum, and is tasked with becoming his bodyguard. His own father, the emperor, has ordered his assassination. The two begin a perilous journey to ensure the survival of the prince. Balsa's complicated past begins to come to light and they uncover Chagum's mysterious connection to a legendary water spirit with the power to destroy the kingdom." (Info by wiki)

I have to say...... this show is very satanic.

Relax I was only kidding, My real opinion is that this show is very fascinating. When I'm watching this show I feel like I'm watching a combination of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and The Avatar franchise (The Nickelodeon Series), except the only area and era the characters are in is probably the Middle Ages of Japan.

The reason why I said the show reminds of Stand Alone Complex is because some of Balsa's character traits reminds me of The Major and the way her and the King's Assassins worked together as a team. It wasn't similar to how Sector 9 worked as a team, but the feeling of it kind of remind me of them. As for the Avatar part, in the show there are 2 worlds. One is the normal one, the other is the spirit realm.

Aside from the comparisons their are other things I love about this show as well. The storyline, which might I say did an excellent job of capturing my full attention. The storyline (in my opinion) is so good I would consider it as one of my favorite anime storylines of all time. Some of the characters were really fascinating to watch, if I had to pick which one I liked I would pick Balsa (I'll go into the full details after I'm finish discussing the good qualities from this show.) The music score was really good, all though there was one that felt a little off in a specific scene from this one episode I saw, but I'll let that one go.

As for the artwork, it was both great and beautiful. The characters were drawn really well and as for the area and background it was perfectly drawn. Some of them where even breathtaking.

Now the reason why I picked Balsa is not just because she's the main character and that she has some traits of Motoko. I just really find her to be a really fascinating character. She's a kind, caring, tough, and well-versed woman who does a good job in getting her job done and does whatever she can to defend herself, except kill anyone (I won't say why because it's best for future viewers to find out for themselves.) Yes sir or mam no doubt is Balsa one of the most best and fascinating female anime protagonist I have ever seen in my entire life.

Don't worry folks this review is almost over. I just have to go over some of the down qualities that this show has. Sadly this show had 2 things that managed to piss me off and question it a little bit.

1. After Balsa saved Chagum's life, his servants comes after him and takes him home. But here's the thing they didn't even say thanks to Balsa nor acknowledge that she was the one who saved him. But it gets even worse, the palace guards where sent out to find the person who saved Chagum and when they found Balsa they asked if she knew where the person who saved him was and was told...... that a guy saved him. (Slaps myself in the face) how in the world could the servants botch up her description. They freakin saw her with him.

2. In episode 6 Balsa and Chagum were seen being pushed off of the mountains by a giant wolf. But at the near end of episode 6 they are shown alive and well. Neither this episode or the next has explain how they survived that fall.

In conclusion be as it may that it had some bumps and bruises doesn't mean it was a terrible show. It's still a fascinating anime with some fascinating characters, music score, storyline, and artwork. I am 100% glad I saw this anime and I hope you'll check it out as well(It's on Netflix by the way). I'm giving this anime a 8.9/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.

By the way again this show was made by a certain company that fellow otakus know and love (Production I.G.).

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 am Reply with quote
Originally posted August 2016

Got a question for all of you. What would happen if Aladdin, Alibaba, Sinbad, and the rest of The Arabian Night characters were turn into a magical action pack anime? Well a certain anime has already answer my question and that anime is called Magi: The Labyrinth Of Magic.

"In a fantastic middle-age world where slavery is very common, there are mysterious tall towers named "Dungeon" which mysteriously appeared out of nowhere fourteen years before the story line. Someone who conquers a Dungeon becomes very powerful and wealthy. Our hero Ali Baba is a teenager who works for merchants to support himself. He dreams for conquering a lot of Dungeons and becoming a very rich person. One day, he comes across with a strange young boy named Aladdin who carries a mystical flute with supernatural powers in it. Ali Baba and Aladdin agree to travel their first Dungeon together." (info by Anime News Network)

Now before I begin this review I want to say something first. I have a feeling that this show is well liked and I also feel like some of you are expecting me to write a good review on it. But here's the thing, I'm not going to do that. An reason for that is because I didn't like Magi's 1st season that very much.

Sure I won't lie and say there's no positives to this season. There are some things from this anime I do like. The storyline for example was not that bad, sure it felt off at times, but it was still enjoyable to watch. Another thing I liked from this anime would have to be Sinbad and Morgiana. Those 2 were the only ones who did a good job in capturing my attention. They seemed like very interesting and strong characters that I really do admire.

Those 2 subjects are the only positive things I can say about this show's season. But it doesn't compare nor can it beat the 16 down sides I've seen in season 1. But I don't want bore you or waste your time reading all of them. So I will only put down 5 of the main problems I have with this season.

1. After getting him in trouble at work and eating all of his food supplies (Which were only apples) why does Alibaba still befriends with Aladdin and show him what he's been secretly searching for?

2. While trapped in the Plant Monster's mouth, Alibaba (while talking softly) comes to realization that he doesn't want to be a power hungry person. An for some particular reason Aladdin could hear what he was saying. Now here's why I find that ridiculous, Aladdin was riding in his magic turban high up in the sky. How in the world could he hear what Alibaba was saying down there ?

3. I don't like the fact that they put a random modern pop music during Sinbad's Festival. It does not fit in along with the era that the characters are currently living in.

4. 1 of the members of Sinbad's eight generals looks exactly like Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail (the only difference between the 2 is their personality (a little bit), powers, and gender.) (By the way this isn't the first time the show's creators did something like this. There's also a character back in episode 4, who looks exactly like Asuna from Sword Art Online and had the same color of clothing she wore back in season 1.

An last, but not least number 5. Aladdin. Now I understand that this is the anime's version of how Aladdin is and I can sort of respect that (Some people will turn characters based from a fictional story into someone different for their own shows or movies.) An the character is sometimes a smart, very helpful, and kind character. But at the same time they made him into a very young child, who is also an idiotic pervert.

An before some of you say "What about Desert Punk?" Let me stop you right there and explain 2 things to you. 1. He is not a child, he is 17 years old, if you don't believe me then go look it up yourself. 2. He was not based of a character from a famous book that was created in the Middle East. Also I don't wanna see a young perverted child as one of the main characters of any type of TV-14 or MA show. It's not funny, it's disturbing.

With that being said I'm giving season 1 of Magi a 4.9/10. By the way I'm not going to review it's second season. I've learn my lesson from Rosario + Vampire, if I don't like an anime's 1st season then I don't want to see it's next. But I might give it's spinoff show a chance. Because 1. It's written and directed by someone else. 2. It's made by a different company. An 3. The main character is Sinbad.

Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:02 am Reply with quote
Originally posted August 2016

Last Thursday I made a promise that I would check out Magi's Spin-off series The Adventures Of Sinbad. An I intend to keep that promise. But one has to wonder, is it any good? Is it better than Magi's 1st season? Well let's find out.

"The spin-off/prequel manga titled Adventure of Sinbad follows the origins of Sinbad, years before he becomes the King of Sindria. Originally living in the Parthevia Empire with his father Badr, a war veteran and his mother Esra, Sinbad loses his father due to the war against the Reim Empire, and spends his youth helping the local villagers and tending to his ill mother until he meets and shelters the mysterious Yunan, unaware that he is a Magi. By request of his mother and learning of his determination to change the world for the better, Yunan decides to guide Sinbad and instructs him to challenge the Dungeon "Baal" that appeared in the border between Partevia and Reim, and whose treasures were still unclaimed as thousands of warriors from both empires had challenged it, but none of them survived, except by Sinbad himself and a Parthevian noble whom he nicknamed "Drakon". After defeating Drakon in battle, Sinbad conquers Baal and gains the allegiance of the Djinn residing there, thus becoming the first ever Dungeon Capturer. Sinbad returns home in time to have one last encounter with his mother at her deathbed and leaves Parthevia to start his own journey to change the world." (Info by wiki)

I'm going to be honest with you guys, this show was kind of a mix bag for me. On one hand you have the positive aspect of this anime. Which was the storyline, it was kind of simple (I mean it in a good way), nothing too special or spectacular about it. The characters, some of them were alright (Including Sinbad, even though he can sometimes be a major idiot), the rest were not so much. An then you have the artwork, to which I have to say it looked pretty good and well detailed.

But then you have the downsides. To which were less then what I had for Magi's 1st season.

1. Why is Sinbad allowing Yunan to follow him back to his village? Isn't he the least bit suspicious on who or what he is? I mean he first found him in some family's barrel. An the only reason why he was in there...... is because he likes sleeping in them. (This happen in episode 2 by the way)

2. When did Sinbad grab the Dragon's 2nd eye? I only saw him holding one of them, but as soon as the episode moves towards the next scene we see him and Drakon holding both of the Dragon's eyes. (Episode 3)

3. In the end of episode 3 the anime decides to rush things so that Sinbad can start his epic quest already. Instead of just mourning his mother's death and then find some encouragement to go on a quest to change the world. Sinbad for some particular reason gets over her death quickly, has a little fight with a princess, wins the fight, and goes on a sailboat to start his epic journey of changing the world. WTF.

4. In episode 8 for some particular reason Jafar was somehow able to borrow Baal's power. Here's the thing neither Baal or that other genie that Sinbad owns never said anything to him about other people being able to borrow a genie's power. So how in the world did Jafar know how to do that and how does he know how to activate it?

5. I have a problem with some of the character's voice actors. Mystras's little brother Spartos for example sounds like a grown Japanese man in his early 20's. Here's the thing if you have a character who's in his early teens you should at least have a guy who is at least in their late to early teens to voice the character. An if you have a character who is a child, you would most definitely need to get a female voice actor in order for the child character to sound like an actual child. (You can also get a female voice actor to voice the teen character too, but only if the character is in their early teens.)

6. In episode 11 for unknown reason why, the anime decides to censor the part where Jafar is choking Sinbad with his rope. You can still hear what's going on, but you won't be able to see it. An no my screen was not messed up or anything like that. The creators of this show actually did that on purpose. (This a TV-14 show, as long as they don't show any sex or gore, they can get away with choking. Heck, back when WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan was a new guy and with the nexus, he choked a man with his bowtie. The company was at PG rating at that time, yet they still showed the guy getting choked anyway.

In conclusion believe it or not I find this better then Magi's original series. I would rather deal with Sinbad's stupidity than deal with a young and idiotic pervert (No offense to the English and Japanese voice actresses who play as Aladdin. They may like voicing him, but I really don't like the little twerp.)

Anyway I would have to give The Adventures Of Sinbad a solid 5.5/10. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted March 1, 2016

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is one of the most iconic and memorable anime's in the middle 2000's. That and Samurai Champloo and Black Lagoon. An after watching all 28 episodes (14 originally, but by popular demand it received a 2nd season) I can diffidently see why it's so popular. (Spoilers)

"The story follows the narrator and male protagonist Kyon, a cynical and incredulous student of North High School in Nishinomiya. He is dragged along by his classmate, the eponymous female protagonist Haruhi Suzumiya, an eccentric girl seeking supernatural phenomena and figures such as aliens, time travelers, and espers. With Kyon's reluctant help, Haruhi establishes a club called the "SOS Brigade" (SOS団, Esu-Ō-Esu Dan?), short for "Spreading Excitement all Over the World with Haruhi Suzumiya Brigade" (世界を大いに盛り上げるための涼宮ハルヒの団, Sekai o Ōini Moriageru Tame no Suzumiya Haruhi no Dan?), to investigate mysterious events. Haruhi later recruits three additional members: the laconic bibliophile Yuki Nagato, the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, and the extremely friendly transfer student Itsuki Koizumi. These members soon reveal themselves (to Kyon) to be the types of extraordinary characters that Haruhi is seeking. The three additional members have been sent by their various organizations to observe Haruhi who is unaware that she possesses destructive reality warping powers and to prevent these powers from being unleashed. This leaves Kyon the task of maintaining the illusion of a normal life for Haruhi." (Info by wiki)

Wow can you imagine being in Kyon's shoes? Knowing that you surprisingly have to be best friends with a strange girl, but make sure that her reality bending powers are in check and that she never finds out that she has them or else? You would probably feel stress, right? Maybe not, it just depends on how you feel about people like Haruhi.

I'm not lying when I say I really really love this show. An I can see why people love this series so much. The storyline is pretty intriguing, some of the characters have different, but interesting personalities (especially Haruhi), The English voice actors did a wonderful job at impersonating how the characters act as well.

The series is so captivating that I decided that I'm going to change my religion to Haruhism. That's right Haruhi is now my lord and savior. An I will pray everyday and night to her, I will sing and worship her everywhere I go, I would give up social life her, my connections with my followers, friends, and family for her, and I would also sell my soul to her just so I can be together with her personally.

......... Aside from that joke, there was one tiny problem I had with this show. An the tiny problem was the episodic "endless eight." THESE episodes were all about Haruhi and her SOS Brigade spending their summer vacation doing random stuff. Like going to the beach, collecting cicadas, going to ice cream shops, and etc. They were having such a fun time until the last day of summer arrived, which left Haruhi very disappointed and wish that they can spend summer vacation again. Luckily she has her reality bending powers, which means her wish came true. An this wish can keep going and going and going until Haruhi is tired of it.

Now I know what your going to say. "But Blake why is that a bad thing?" The reason dear readers why THIS was a bad thing is because her wish lasted for about 8 episodes. EIGHT [expletive] EPISODES of the same thing over and over and over again! An the only reason why it was eight instead of more was because of 2 things. 1 The creators of the show know that if they keep doing this they would lose ratings, which leads to number 2. Yuki Nagato (The robot in case you forgot what species she is) notice the summer has been repeating itself, so she decides to tell warn Kyon about this situation, by wearing different masks during the fireworks festival.

An I know what some of you are going to ask. "But why didn't she just tell him that the summer is repeating itself, thanks to Haruhi?" Be logical here if you were in the same situations as the gang and you tried to warn them that they've been repeating the same summer like a bunch of times. They wouldn't believe you, so the only way for them to actually believe you is by having proof that this is all Deja vu.

Aside from that headache, this show is still alright. It was fun, adventurous, amusing, and exciting. Plus bonus points for them on having an episode 0. I have never seen nor heard of an anime having an episode 0, plus it was interesting episode. I'm giving this anime a 9.2/10. Let me know what think in the comments, until then thank you for reading and...... all hail Haruhism.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted June 19, 2016

Wow! I am pretty much disappointed in myself for not reviewing this sooner. Considering the fact that I've seen this spin-off during the time it was finally released and was still making episodes. But what stop me from finishing this show and to review it too you may ask? Well my dear readers....... it was laziness, that's what stop me. Also I got distract by other things as well (I'm pretty much ashamed of myself for not getting on this as soon as could).

Fortunately I was able to finish this series and finally get on to reviewing this anime. So without further delay here is my review of the Haruhi Suzumiya spin-off show. The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki.

"The setting is based on the alternate universe depicted in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, in which Haruhi Suzumiya never formed the SOS Brigade. In this world, Yuki Nagato is not a stoic alien but rather a shy and tentative girl who is a member of North High's literature club alongside Ryoko Asakura, her best friend, and Kyon, whom she has a crush on. The series follows Yuki and her companions as she develops feelings for Kyon and becomes involved in some strange mysteries herself." (info by wiki)

You know to be honest with you if you were to tell me that some anime company that I never heard of (until now) made a Haruhi spin-off show that was based off the movie (the Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya), but mainly just focusing around Kyon and Nagato. 1. I wouldn't believe it and 2. I wouldn't know if it would actually work. Because if you were to watch the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and then eventually find out that an anime company was going to be making a show based of that movie. You would probably be thinking the same thing I would be thinking, but you would still watch it anyway to see how it turn out.

Which is what I did and I have to say they did a good job with making this show. Even though this was more of a slice of life anime than just a supernatural one. It was still an interesting show to watch.

The character's kept their same personality except for Ryoko and Yuki of course (nothing wrong with it by the way). The storyline was very interesting to listen to and to watch. The Japanese dub seemed pretty normal (don't worry there is an English one and the original voice actors came back to reprise their roles again. (See Teen Titans Go this is how you make a good spin-off show you could learn some things from this anime you know........ maybe.)) As for the artwork, it was alright, but I really miss the original one. I understand they wanted to do something different and there's nothing wrong with that, but I just wish they kept the original one instead (or am I just asking for too much and being whiny son of a bitch.)

My favorite character would have to be Yuki. Don't get me wrong I still love her other counterpart even though she was an emotionless artificial intelligent robot, she was still cool in my book. But her alternate self is (excuse my behavior of being fully honest with myself) so adorable and entertaining to watch. Even though this version of her is shy and maybe a bit ditzy at times (for what I recall). She is still an interesting character with good/intelligent personality.

There is one thing that managed to piss me off though. An I can't say what it is. Why you may ask? Because this anime came out 2015. An for those who don't know I made a rule and a promise to never reveal any spoilers to anime that came out on year I'm currently on or the previous year. Unless I hate that specific show so much that I want to spoil some stuff. An since I loved this show very much, I ain't saying a word (not unless you pay a billion dollars. Which I know all of you don't have.)

In conclusion the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato was a very sweet and romantic slice of life show that I think some Haruhi and Yuki fans and maybe newcomers of anime will enjoy watching. I'm giving this series a 9/10 let me know what you guys think in the comments.

You wanna know what else is great about this anime? There is no endless eight. Which means no suffering or headaches. Big win for you and me! fudge yeah!

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Originally from my G+ Originally posted June 6, 2016

Let's see now, I already celebrated my 120th review with Durarara, I celebrated my 5th girls with gun review with Coyote Ragtime Show, and now is time for a new celebration. An what kind of celebration is that you may ask. Well I am now celebrating my 15th Madhouse review. Yessire bob I made to the one five already and to celebrate my 15th review I'm going to review a certain anime that I promise to review soon........ (which is now.) So without further ado here is Madhouse review number 15: Chobits.

"The series tells the story of Hideki Motosuwa, who finds an abandoned persocom (パソコン, PasoKon?), or personal computer (パーソナルコンピュータ pāsonaru konpyūta) with human form, which he names "Chi" after the only word it initially can speak. As the series progresses, they explore the mysteries of Chi's origin together and questions about the relationship between human beings and computers. The manga is set in the same universe as Angelic Layer, taking place a few years after the events of that story, and like Angelic Layer, it explores the relationship between humans and electronic devices shaped like human beings." (info by wiki)

You know this series kind of reminds of this certain anime that I watched before, except it had some differences to it. 1. This specific series came out in 1997 way before Chobits ever existed. 2. The robot needed the main protagonist's semen in order to gain information from him and to gain power and maybe charge her battery power too (I watched this way back in 2014, so I probably got the last part wrong, who knows and who cares.) I could continue telling the difference between this show and Chobits, but I'll need to resume back to the review, plus that anime I just watched turn out to be a hentai and I do not want to review any hentai's anymore (Unless I was paid to do it.)

Anyway Chobits itself is a very fascinating show with an intriguing storyline, some good characters, with a small touch of comedy here and there, and the music that they played on there was pretty basic, but good, especially the theme song. I'm not kidding you when I say when you hear the theme song you'll at first feel fascinated by it's tunes, but then later on it gets stuck inside your head. Might I suggest the Elfen Lied theme song in order to get rid of it. Even though this show might have some similarities to Elfen(basically because Elfen was inspired by this show), it's not gory, nor is it that dark (it's only a little bit and that's it.)

My favorite character from the series would have to be Chi aka Elda (her real identity before she lost it.) I find Chi to be a very cute and fascinating character, who can be funny sometimes. I love seeing her learn more about life and more about herself where she goes. She's bundle full of joy that could easily attract any otaku just by being cute and saying the word Chi a lot (even though later on the series she starts to say more words than just chi.)

A little know fact about this character and this show, did you know that the creators of the series (CLAMP: an all female manga artist group) were inspired by a problem they had with their computer. Yeah I'm not kidding with you, according to this one interview they had a computer that would normally show them what problems where causing it to go haywire, but then one day it just stop explaining what the problem was. They had wish that it would just say what the problem was instead of just showing it.

Speaking of computers the plot did say that the show was trying to "explore the relationship between humans and electronic devices shaped like human beings." An I have to say the anime did a good job showing what would happen if we humanity were to have our own Persocoms. Would we just take advantage of them and use them for our own personal needs or just have a simple relationship with them that will probably later on turn into a love one. Nobody knows and I think it's probably best if we didn't.

In conclusion Chobits is a really good show that I highly recommend you check out, I promise you won't regret it. I'm giving this series an 8.5/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Originally from my G+ Originally posted June 16, 2016

Hmmm, this is the 4th anime I've seen and reviewed lately that has a Ganguro girl in it and this time the Ganguro character is the main character. An I know what some of you are probably going to ask, "am I angry?" No, I actually want to see where this goes and after watching all of it's episodes. I kind of like it.

"Peach Girl is about an average high school girl, Momo Adachi, who everyone thinks is a beach bunny/slut because of her tanned skin. The actual reason she is so tanned is because she was on the swim team and tans very easily. She likes a boy, Toji, who she heard only likes non-tanned girls. This causes her to question who she is and have low self esteem. She spends a lot of time trying to remake herself into the girl she believes he wants; however, she has a friend, Sae, who likes to go behind Momo's back and make her life terrible, mostly by trying to take Toji away from her. All the while there's another boy, Kairi, who is in love with Momo." (Info by Anime News Network)

I'm gonna have to be fully honest with you guys, this show is sort of okay to me. I wouldn't say it's the best or that it's really awesome or anything like that. To me it's a pretty basic anime that I will have to admit it sort of does a great job at showing how love relationships work in real life. You would expect a lot cliché's to pop up here and there, but not a lot to my perspective. It tries it's hardest to be a different a romance comedy drama anime so that way people will take an interest and check it out and see if they like it or not. An I have to say they did a good job at trying.

The storyline was alright, some of the characters (including the evil ones) had different tropes, but turn out to be interesting to watch and like in the end, and I really appreciate the message that this show was trying to teach me and the audience who watches this. Love is never easy to understand, nor is it simple to deal with. But we should never give up on the ones we truly love, no matter the difficulty.

Hey hey hey don't leave just yet, the review is not even over yet. I still have a couple of things I need to get off my mind first. An that would be non other than........ the down sides of this show. Always remember not every anime is going to be a 10/10, sometimes you'll run into a bad anime with a lot of quirks and sometimes you run into anime that's good or okay, but will still have some quirks. That's one of things a reviewer must point out on his or her review of a show or movie or anything else they looked at.

1. Momo's classmates are so stupid sometimes. They would believe anything they actually hear. Especially during the time Sae was lying to them. They believed in her so much that they never even let Momo have a chance to defend herself. What kind of person doesn't let another person say their side of the situation that he or she was in. Momo didn't do anything that would actually make the class angry unless she didn't had a reason to do it.

2. In episode 10 (Spoilers) Sae tries to blackmail Toji's relationship with Momo with a picture between her and a supermodel name Jigoro (That is literally his name in the anime, his name in the manga is Goro Oji. But I guess the creators didn't want people who watch this show to make Mortal Kombat jokes (I don't know, that's just my take on why they changed it.)) Sae promises Toji that she won't leak them out to the press if he breaks up with Momo and go out with her. Instead of just telling Momo what Sae is doing to their relationship, he instead pretends to hate and break up with her.

That makes no sense for whatsoever. If I were in a situation like that, I would tell my girlfriend everything, then tell the police about the situation me and my girlfriend was in, try to get them to go to the blackmailer's house, get EVERY copy that he or she owns. An then voila my problem is solve. He or she doesn't have anything to ruin the relationship between me and my girlfriend. Look I understand it's just a way to move on to the rest of the story, but I just find it ridicules and stupid in what he just did.

3. In this one episode where Momo was wearing the necklace that Ryo (Kairi's brother) gave her. It's sometimes seen, but sometimes there will be some scene's where it's not. Looks like the artists who drew these scenes where either forgetful in what they drawn or maybe they were being lazy.

Lastly 4. The theme song in this anime sounds like it was created by 4Kids Network (it was never on there.) I thought FUNimations job was to be better than them. Not copy one thing that they do.

But I do have a theory on why that's so. You see the studio that owns Peach Girl is called Studio Comet. The anime's that there mostly notable of owning is School Rumble and Kirby: Right Back At Ya!. An what Saturday morning block was Kirby: Right Back At Ya! on? That's right.... 4Kids TV. Another thing I notice was that the person who voices Sae was played by Cherami Leigh Kuehn. Some of the voices she's notable to play as is Asuna from SAO (Sword Art Online), Patty from Soul Eater, and Lucy (who is sort of okay in my book, but still not very likable) from Fairy Tail.

What could this all mean you may say? Well I thought you would've already figured it. If you multiply 3 x 2 (3 meaning the number of notable voices I just said Cherami voiced and 2 meaning Kirby and 4 Kids network) you get 6. What does 6 equal? The mark of beast . What does the mark of the beast mean? Satan. Who does Satan associate with? The Illuminati. ILLUMINATE CONFIRMED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

Anyway this show may have it's tropes, but that will never stop it from being an alright romantic comedy drama. I'm giving this anime 7.7/10. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
Originally posted July 12, 2017

Today's review is going to be another revamp review. An this one is going to be very intriguing. The reason why I say that is because I'm going to be reviewing one of the most notable and respectable anime that has ever came out of 1998. An that show is non-other than Serial Experiment Lain.

When I first reviewed this show it wasn't cringy or bad, it was just short and I just didn't seem to understand what was going on in the anime nor understand it's meanings. But after looking up the themes behind SEL and rewatching the show itself I sort of have better understanding of what this show is trying to discuss.

"Acclaimed artist Yoshitoshi ABe (Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze) brings to life the existential classic that paved the way for blockbuster films such as The Matrix. Follow along as fourteen year old Lain—driven by the abrupt suicide of a classmate—logs on to the Wired and promptly looses herself in a twisted mass of hallucinations, memories, and interconnected-psyches." (Info by Crunchyroll)

Serial Experiment Lain is by far one of the most strangest, interesting, and fascinating anime that I have ever seen in my entire life. One of the things I like about this show would have to be it's themes and there are a lot of them. According to the wiki some of themes that the anime discusses would have to be reality, communication, and identity and they explain these things by using philosophy, conspiracy theories (not joking), computer history, and cyberpunk literature.

There are other themes that this show goes over that plays a huge role in this anime and to some of the people who can relate. Those things are loneliness, dissociative identity disorder, and theology. It also goes over a certain thing that I feel like no show has ever talked about before. An it's something I and rest of the people around the world can most definitely relate to. An that would be talking about and predicting the world getting addicting to the internet.

And before you say "your wrong" there is actually proof of this being true. You see according to Business Insider "6% of the world's population is addicted to the internet. The world's population is roughly 7 billion people, so that makes for about 420 million people addicted to the internet." And before you also say, "I can take break from the internet". 1. I don't believe you and 2. even if you did take a break you would eventually go back to it.

Another thing I like about this show would have to be it's storyline (it was interesting and something), the characters (the only character I liked from this show would have to be Lain. The main reason why I like her is because of how relatable she is. Some of the problems and struggles that she goes through can be relatable to some of the problems that happens to real life. An I appreciate seeing characters like that, because it makes them more likable to me or anybody else who watches them.), the artwork (It's alright, a little odd, but alright), and the main theme song (In my honest opinion it's one of the most mellow and memorable theme songs that I have ever heard. I highly recommend you check it out, I think you might like it.)

(Spoiler alert)

Now this show has only one downside and that would be the amount of equipment that Lain has in episode 6 - 12. Where in the world did she get them? Did she buy it from somewhere? Did she get it from a junkyard? The show never explains this.

In conclusion Serial Experiment Lain is most defiantly one of the most fascinating, notable, and respectable anime that has ever came out of the late 90's. It's way of showing it's themes were pretty intriguing, it's storyline was pretty interesting and something, it's character Lain was very relatable, it's artwork was alright, and it's theme song is very mellow and memorable to listen too. I highly suggest you go check this classic anime out it's defiantly worth the watch and it really makes you think.

With that said I'm giving this show a 9.8/10. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted May 27, 2016

Well this the 5th Girls with Guns anime I have seen lately. The others were Black Lagoon, Noir, Ghost in The Shell series, and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. An to celebrate my 5th Girls with Guns review I have decided....... To give you my best review on this anime. What?! Did you expect me to send you guys a link of Revy from Black Lagoon having sex? Well guess what? I don't, go ask Zone, maybe he or she can make one for you. For now here is my review on Coyote Ragtime Show.

"The legendary Pirate King Bruce has been killed by Madame Marciano, the boss of the galactic criminal guild. His bequest to his young daughter Franca is ten billion space dollars hidden in a complex custom vault somewhere on the planet Graceland. However, Graceland is now in such a state of civil war that the president of the Milky Way Federation threatens to blow up the planet in a week. Mister, a notorious space pirate, his sidekicks Bishop and Katana, and his longtime rival Swamp must help Franca get to her inheritance before either Madame Marciano and her twelve android Assassins or detective Angelica Burns get to them." (info by wiki)

This anime is one of the best Girls with Guns show I have ever seen lately. If I were to make a list of my top 5 favorite ones, this one would probably be in 4th place. Don't get me wrong this show is good, but the vibe I get off from it is pretty standard. What I'm trying to say is that it can't beat what Noir, GITS: Stand Alone Complex, and my number 1 high favorite Black Lagoon has. My favorites goes from awesome (which is where Noir is) to mind blown (which is where Black Lagoon is).

Aside from that the storyline is very intriguing, Some of the characters are very likeable and unique in their own way. The English voice actors did a great job with voicing their roles as well. I didn't even recognize Kira Davis voice until I looked it up on the wiki. (BTW if you don't know who Kira is, then you probably new to the whole anime thing huh? Kira voices some familiar anime characters you might know, Ur from Fairy Tail, Osaka from Azumanga Daioh, Seryu from Akame Ga Kill, and her most infamous anime role: the Diclonius Lucy/Nyu from Elfen Lied.)

My favorite character from this show has to be Mister (that is his nickname, the show never reveals what his real name is.) He is no doubt a clever, strategic, kind-hearted, SOB mastermind. Even though he's goal is to gaining his old friend's treasure, he's friends and family always comes first in his book. He is truly one of the best old anime characters I have ever seen and liked, next him is Iroh from Avatar. He also kind of reminds me of Dominic from the Fast and Furious franchise.

Now as great as this show is that doesn't mean there weren't any problems in there. The only problem I had with this anime was 2 specific episodes, which was episode 7 and 10. Both episodes were name after 2 characters from this show (Madame Marciano and Angelica Burns.) You would expect to see either something from their past and find out what they were like back then and what made them what they are currently or just an episode that mainly stars them instead of the other characters. But no, the 2 episodes only continued what the previous ones left off. Even though episode 11 showed a little bit of Angelica's past, that doesn't mean I'm going to let this one slide. Look if your going to create a show and you name an episode after one of your characters, then show their past or just let it mainly star them. Don't continue were you left off previously.

In conclusion this is truly one of the best Girls with Guns anime that you should most defiantly check out before you die. I'm giving this anime a 8.7/10. Let me know what you guys think in the comments and thank you 4 reading.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted May 15, 2016

Back in early January, FUNimation started promoting/going behind the scenes of a new anime show called Dimension W. An during the time they were making the dub version of it and before I thought of watching and review it as soon as they were done. I saw a Toonami promo saying that they were going to start showing the dub in late February. An since I love watching Toonami, I decided instead of waiting for all the dub episodes to be complete. I decided to just watch it on their until the series was over (technically it's not considering the fact their going to have an OVA coming this August, but that's not going to stop me from reviewing it now.) So without any further delay here is my review of Dimension W.

"In the year 2036, a fourth dimensional axis called Dimension W is proven to exist. Cross-dimensional electromagnetic induction devices, known as coils, were developed to draw out the inexhaustible supply of energy that exists in Dimension W. New Tesla Energy and governments built sixty giant towers around the world in the pattern of a truncated icosahedron to stabilize the energy from Dimension W and supply power to the entire world. This "world system" is nearing its tenth year of operation as the story begins in 2072, and coils of various sizes provide remote electrical power to everything from cellphones to vehicles and robots. However, dangerous unregistered coils that do not send information back to New Tesla are being used for illegal purposes, and bounty hunters known as "Collectors" are tasked with confiscating the illegal coils. Among the collectors is Kyouma Mabuchi, a coil-hating loner who one day stumbles upon Mira Yurizaki, the gynoid "daughter" of New Tesla's ailing intellectual founder. When her father disappears while activating an experimental double-ringed coil, Mira decides to join a reluctant Kyouma and follow the illegal coils, in the process discovering shady business involving New Tesla." (Info by wiki)

I have to say this show does not disappoint. So far this show is starting to become one of my most favorite anime's for 2016, that and My Hero Academia. The storyline is very intriguing and mysterious. An I am not kidding when I say it's mysterious. When you start watching this show. It will start to reveal some secrets and you can't help, but to feel intriguing by it's motives and it makes you want to say "what's going on there, who's behind all this madness, or what is the secret behind Kyouma's past and what does he know."

Speaking of Kyouma, he is also one of my favorite characters from this anime. I know he can be rude some times especially towards robot's like Mira. There is a reason behind that, but I can't tell you what it is because 1. This just came out and 2. Since it just came out I am not going to spoil it for you. I will only spoil stuff from new anime's or the ones that just came out last year if I hate it and that I don't really give a crap about spoiling it.

Anyway after learning about Kyouma's past I did feel sorry for him, but that doesn't mean he can be rude to Mira or any other machine's that are nice. Again even though he can be a grouch sometimes, he still a cool, sometimes nice, and calm character that I admire........ a little.

Another character that I enjoy watching is Mira. She is a very kind, sweet, loveable, and helpful Gynoid. I would probably describe her as the heart and joy of this anime. An she might be the only machine to help Kyouma over his troubling dark and secret past and help him to start to liking robots like her.

Now there is only one probably that I had with this show and that would be episode 12. Now don't get me wrong the last episode was great, but it felt a little fast. I'm not kidding when I say this when I watched it felt like this show was just trying to get everything out the way so that way it can be done already. Maybe it was the website that I watched on it that was doing that, but I never had any problem's with it showing it's anime's going fast before. So it was probably the anime itself, who knows.

In conclusion this show was very enjoyable to watch. It was very intriguing and mysterious to watch. The characters were fascinating and talented in there on way (Well some of them were.) An the English voice actors did a great job with voice their roles. I'm giving this series a 9/10, let me know what you think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted May 24, 2016

Today I will be reviewing a show that tries to be a great sex comedy, but fails at it. Because all I ever see from this anime is fan-service and other random junk that doesn't help this show look good. This is My Wife is the Student Council President.

"Hayato Izumi runs for student council president at his new high school, but loses to Ui Wakana, a perky and charismatic girl who pledges to liberate love on campus, and throws condoms into the audience during her election speech. He ends up becoming the vice-president on the student council. He soon learns that due to an arrangement by their parents, Ui is going to be his fiancée, and they are to live together. He tries to keep their cohabitation a secret from the school and its all-female student council leadership, while fending off Ui's progressively aggressive romantic and sexual advances at home. He attracts the attention of discipline head Rin Misumi, who later moves in next door with her sister Kei, the school's nurse." (Info by wiki)

To be honest with you guys I didn't find this anime very interesting. The storyline was okay I suppose, there wasn't any character that I liked from this series, and the comedy was pointless. The creators tried to make jokes about sex. They even put Hayato (one of the main characters) into very "uncomfortable" situations. But really they just fail at it. There was no scene in this anime that I actually thought was funny.

There are other problems I had with this show as well. 1. Loli fan-service, It seems like I keep ending up running into that problem every time, what an unlucky bastard I turn out to be. 2. This show only last for about 8 minutes long, I feel like they could've done more if their time was extended to how a normal anime last (which is probably 23 or 24 minutes.) 3. The ending to episode 12. Now naturally I usually don't spoil anything from an anime that either came out this year or from last year, but if I don't like that specific anime that much, I'll spoil anyway.

In this last part of episode 12 Ui's mother gets both Hayato and Ui together in the same bedroom. Later after some talking Hayato sees that there is something wrong with Ui, so he tries to comfort her, even tries to put some bold sexual moves on her. Because he thought she wanted him to do that, but it later on turns out that she was just cold and she decides to turn off the fan. Her mother hears this and says "It seems like the fan was the enemy" and then show stops there.

HOW WAS THAT FUNNY?! You know if this was just less comedy and more romance it would've been great, It would've been hot to see those 2 embrace, but noooooo the audience later on finds out that she was just cold. Oh boy that was so hilarious, so hilarious I almost wet myself (rolls eyes). You know you can show sex in a regular anime, not just hentai. Look at Mirai Nikki, they had sex in their anime and nobody complain about it.

Now this one is a personal problem that I had with this show. An it was the fact that the parents looked like [expletive] kids (Their really are adults, but the show wanted them to look like young children just for shock value.) The mother looks like she's 8 years old and the father looks like he's 11 (when actually he's 41 years old). I know anime sometimes has a habit of making old people look young and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that if your going to make an anime that has old people look young don't make them look like [expletive] children.

You know I liked Shimoneta better than this one (even though it wasn't much of a sex comedy mostly just a raunchy one). The reason why is because they way they showed their comedy was sort of funny, but mostly I just found it interesting. An the fact that a teenage girl keeps spewing out raunchy words and other junk makes Shimoneta even more interesting (go check it out you'll see what I mean).

In conclusion this show wasn't all that great, but I will admit this. The storyline was okay, the theme song was surprisingly short (an it's rare to see an anime that has a short theme song), and I hate to admit it, but some of the fan-service in this show was apart of the saving grace. I'm giving this anime a 4/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted June 24, 2016

I'm going to be honest with you guys, I don't like playing online games. Whether it's on consoles or on the computer, you still won't catch me playing an online game (though I am persuaded to play Overwatch), including MMORPG games. But that's what this show that I'm reviewing basically deals with, that and a girl who confuses reality with some MMORPG game.

So with no further delay; grab your popcorn, your soda, or anything else you want to have with you while reading this interesting and honest review.

"Teenager Hideki Nishimura plays the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Legendary Age under the alias Rusian. One day, after he proposes online to a girl who says that she is a man, Hideki swears off online marriages. Two years later, the persistence of Ako Tamaki, another Legendary Age player who is in the same guild as him, wore him down, and he accepted her in-game marriage offer. When he finally meets up with the rest of his guild members in the real world, he is shocked to discover that not only are they all actually girls, but that they attend the same school as him." (info by wiki)

Hmm that's very interesting plot they have there. An have to say if I were to be honest with you guys I would say that this show was alright and that I feel sorry for the other main character Ako. But then I would be lying to you guys and not be fully honest with myself. The truth is I didn't like this show, actually to tell the full truth I did like it at first, until I saw episode 12.

Episode 12's ending to me was a complete joke. That ending that it showed was not satisfying nor was it any good. Here's what happen (spoiler starts now). It is revealed after beating Team Wolfenstein that Kyo spend some of her family's money just to defend herself and the castle that she and her team owns. An after everybody hears what she did, they just laughed it off. I don't know about any of you guys, but that's not something to laugh about. She literally wasted some of her family's money just to defend some stupid fictional castle.

An if that wasn't bad enough we later on find out that Ako has not finally realized that reality and the game her and her friends play are not the same thing and that she would still call them by their gamer name. .......... You know what, screw this show. I really thought that this would have a good ending, I really believed that this show could have a cool or interesting or at least a satisfying ending with a good lesson to go with it. But no it didn't, instead I was treated to some bullshit ending with no lessons to learn from.

You know there are some people in real life that goes the same things Ako just went through. An it's pretty sad when you think about. Not everyone can gain a friend that easily. Sometimes they can feel afraid or doubt they could ever gain a friend or get someone to talk to. So they decided to just escape reality by either watching something fictional or play something fictional and treat it like it was apart of their life. That is not cool.

Not only is it sad, but that is pretty dark. At first I thought that this show was trying to do the whole Welcome to the NHK thing and show the people who go through this mess that they too can make a friend and that they shouldn't mix reality and fiction together. Unless if they were going to some convention and that they were just trying to have fun and that they know that it's not real, then it's okay. But no this show doesn't do that.

There are other 2 things I didn't like from this show as well. 1. The creators of this show put a certain cliché that's been done in every fan-service anime you could think of, which was "guy walks into a room where the girl is either naked or not fully clothed" cliché. 2. Another cliché that they used is that whenever a character gets confused by something they would always yell at stupid phrase. Please don't ask me what is because I really don't want to put that in here, nor do I want to see or hear it ever again.

Aside from the negative parts the only good thing I could say about this show is that the storyline was sort of okay to watch before episode 12 came along and ruin the whole thing. The second would be whenever the anime shows the character's game characters and the adventures they go on. I would always get an SAO (Sword Art Online) feeling from it. An I know some of you don't like SAO, but I do and I'm sort of counting this as one of the good things from this show. Finally the artwork, the artwork almost reminds me of Your Lie in April, but not entirely (By the way don't get any ideas that this show was made by the same company that made Your Lie in April, because it's not. Nope the company that made this was the same company that made "Recently, My Sister is Unusual.") Well no wonder I didn't like this show that much.

In conclusion this anime may had some good qualities in it, but had some mess in it that really need to be fixed. Hopefully the manga adaption is better than it's TV show's. I'm giving this anime a 6/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Original on my G+ page Originally posted May 10, 2016

For my 120th review I will be reviewing a very popular anime called DURARARA!! An anime that has a dullahan, strange gangs, an oni sword, a girl with big boobs, incest, a shady business guy who loves humanity, a super strong guy who wears a bartender suit, and feels like it has the same style and feeling like Baccano. Sounds like my kind of show.

"Mikado Ryūgamine, a young boy who longs for the exciting life of the big city, moves to Ikebukuro to attend Raira Academy with his childhood friend Masaomi Kida (whom he has not seen since he was young). After the two meet at the train station, they set out at night to the streets of Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns Mikado about people he doesn't want to cross in the city, such as the violent and superhumanly strong man Shizuo Heiwajima, the information broker Izaya Orihara, and the mysterious gang known as "The Dollars." After running into some of the side characters, Mikado sees a local legend called the "Black Rider", who rides around Ikebukuro on a black bike that occasionally neighs like a horse, and who is rumored to have no head under her helmet. The "Black Rider" is Celty Sturluson, an Irish dullahan who is in Ikebukuro looking for her stolen head. The narrative follows all of the characters equally, showing how their lives intersect and creating a greater plot line from what each character knows about a common incident.

The story is told from the perspective of eleven or so of the main characters changing every episode in the anime. However the narrator is not always the episode's one and only character perspective given. One of the few constants given in every episode is that the narrator gives his own opinion on the current situation that they are in, as well as certain things that make them tick and keep them going in Ikebukuro, a city with a large underbelly that is the medium for the majority of both the plot's development and random violence throughout the series." (info by wiki)

Now before I continue there's a little fact I want to get out of the way. The reason why this show has the same vibe as Baccano is because the person who made Baccano's manga is the same person who made the manga for this series (Ryohgo Narita). An the person who directed the Baccano anime is the same person who directed both seasons of this anime (Takahiro Omori). That is actually shocking and make more sense at the same time. Well I have to say both men did a very good job in my honest opinion.

You would think that after watching or reading Baccano, you would never see a show that was like it again. If you have that same feeling, then your wrong and you most defiantly didn't see the show. An if you didn't, you need to go check it out right now. I promise, you won't be disappointed. It's that awesome.

If I could describe a word to how I feel about this show I would have to say it's abnormally cool. The comedy is very funny, I love how this anime show's each individual character's storyline (to me there all fascinating to watch), The artwork looks pretty good I must say (I have no complaints for whatsoever), and the characters, both good and evil are enjoyable to watch. My favorite characters though would have to be Celty and Izaya.

I have no idea what's up with me an monster girls, but if I have to say which monster girl is my favorite, I would have to say Celty. Celty is a very funny, sweet, compassionate, and cool character. I do feel bad that she was a bit careless with losing her head and I hoped that one day she is able to find her head. But even while searching for it she was able to find great friends, a kind and respectable boyfriend, and job that's interesting to do from time to time. Celty is one of the best characters that I love and respect in this show. I wouldn't mind hanging out with her if she actually existed in real life.

I know Izaya can be sleazy and can be evil and sick from time to time, but you got to admit he is very clever and interesting neutral character to watch. Whenever I see him appear I know something interesting is always going to happen, especially when he's being chased by his arch-nemesis Shizou ( who absolutely hates him to the core, he's always the one who wears sunglasses and a bartender outfit (don't ask why) ). Izaya is the 2nd character I enjoying watching in this series to and a respectable character I can sort of admire.

I could ramble more about this show and it's fascinating characters, but this review is getting a little to long so let me wrap this up already.

Durarara is very fun show that will always get you in the best of moods. It's always there to make you laugh, maybe cry, and help you out if your bored or if you want to watch something with your friends. I'm glad this show exist and that it has it's own and Baccano style to go along with it. I'm giving this a 9.9/10, let me know what you think in the comments, also have a great day. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Original from my G+ Originally posted April 28, 2016

A few weeks ago I saw this show trending on twitter for some apparent reason. An I got so curious to find out what made this anime so interesting that it got a lot of people on social media talking non-stop about it. Well after watching all 22 episodes, I can most defiantly see why. So without further ado let's dive into Your Lie in April.

"Piano prodigy Kōsei Arima dominated the competition and has become famous among child musicians. After his mother, who was also his instructor, died, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a piano recital at the age of twelve. As a result, he is no longer able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing is perfectly fine. Two years later, Kōsei hasn't touched the piano and views the world in monochrome, without any flair or color. He has resigned himself to living out his life with his good friends, Tsubaki and Watari, until, one day, a girl changes everything. Kaori Miyazono, a fourteen-year old audacious, free-spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her manic personality, helps Kōsei return to the music world and shows that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kōsei was used to." (Info by wiki)

I have to be honest with all of you. This is literally one of the few anime's that actually touch my heart. An I am most definitely making this as one of my most favorite anime's of all time. An who can blame me for liking.

The storyline was amazingly written. Some of the characters are either weird or intriguing. The artwork is pretty stylish (I also find the nose drawing sort of good, a bit odd I guess, but still good). I also love the lesson that they taught, which was never give up on what your good at, no matter what happens and there's another lesson to it, but I better let you guys figure that one out yourself when you finish watching this show. For now let's continue the review.

My favorite characters would have to be Kosei Arima and Kaori Miyazono. The reason why I like Kosei is because even though he's a wimp, sort of active and a non-upbeat kind of guy. He's still a good person with great piano skills, a good friend who can be helpful sometimes, and sometimes has a never give up attitude. I also feel bad for him. The way his mother abused him during the time she was wheelchair bound. Trying to pressure him to be successful at the piano. I know she does this so that way she can see him continue to be successful before she dies, but that still doesn't give her the right to hit or to yell at her own son. (BTW I'm going to tell you this one and only thing. You never get see his father. Kosei says he's away on business (must be a long business trip) )

But thanks to Kaori, his mentor and old friend Hiroko, and his friends support. He was able to continue to play the piano again, especially in a new style. He was able to show other's that he wasn't his mother's puppet or machine. He was able to turn his rivals into his best friends. An was able to forgive his mother for her past deeds (BTW she was only abusive to him when she was wheelchair bound, so don't hate her fully.)

Not only do I love Kaori, but I also respect her. I love how free-spirited she is in life and when she's playing the violin. Even if she loses in a competition or the judges doesn't like her style, she doesn't get mad or feel disappointed. She will still keep her chin up and be glad she could play for a live audience. She maybe weird and a bit abnormal, but she still respectable in my book.

Before I end this review there's something I want to discuss, which would be the ending. Even though it's 2 years old, I'm not going to spoil it. The reason why is because it's best for people who didn't see this show yet, be surprised, but the main reason is that I respect this anime and it's ending so much that I decided not to say anything. Because if I did then I would ruin it for you guys. Some of you wouldn't watch it and realize how good this anime is and I would appreciate it if any of you who have seen this. Not spoil the ending.

With that being said, Your Lie in April is one of the greatest anime's I've seen so far. It's comedy is interesting, It's storyline was well written, the music was absolutely beautiful and well played during the storyline and some of the characters are something else. I'm giving this show a 10/10 let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Your Lie in April review released on an April, nice.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11