• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
To my surprise, after nine episodes, this series is getting pretty good. The first episode was abysmally boring and I nearly dropped the series entirely because Riku (the main character) running around the whole time, angry mobs, nekomimi, crazy teachers, and a violent chick (literally) from the first episode all seemed really stupid and boring. However, after it broke out of a shell of tasteless craziness, the romance and comedy both got pretty good pretty quickly. I'm enjoying the love triangle and the perfectness, the "Uguu~"-like ness, and the looks-moe-but-actually-isn't-really ness of the three main girls of the series (that's Sayuri, Tsukasa, and Mina, respectively). The supporting cast is also stupidly funny and made me laugh many times even though their actions were really predictable. This new Tokimeki Memorial is kind of cliche and really predictable, but the comedy and the romance and the awesomeness of many of the characters makes this a pretty worthwhile watch. Not to mention, it's only Episode 9, and things are already getting really heated up. Twisted Evil

So, thoughts? Comments? Preferences for who you'd like Riku to end up with?

I'm rooting for Tsukasa x Riku all the way, but I seriously doubt that it's going to happen...

Last edited by frentymon on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
I've only seen 3 episodes of the show, but I love it, and I thought that the first episode was pretty freaking funny, but I'm not that mature so that could be the reason why.

Now I haven't memorized any names yet but I believe I want Riku to get together with the girl he saw in the library in the first episode or the girl he was supposed to get the neko-mimi to. (This show also caught me off guard because of the way the feel of the first Tokimeki Memorial was quite different.)

The animation on this show is really beautiful but at that the same time, somewhat less-detailed then others and it switches just a tad between the 3 episodes I saw.

And by going by what you said I can't wait to continue with this show.

(And my favorite character so far is Pero? I think his name is, the little Chick that beat up the big guy.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:17 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Now I haven't memorized any names yet but I believe I want Riku to get together with the girl he saw in the library in the first episode

Yayoi Mina, voiced by (fairly) new talent Fujita Saki.

Yah, I'd pick her, too.

Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
or the girl he was supposed to get the neko-mimi to.

Amamiya Sayuri, voiced by Makishima Yuki.

Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
(And my favorite character so far is Pero? I think his name is, the little Chick that beat up the big guy.)

The kick-arse chick's name is Hiyokokko, voiced by Kadowaki Mai, one of my favourites in the recent generation of seiyuu.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:03 am Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
The kick-arse chick's name is Hiyokokko, voiced by Kadowaki Mai, one of my favourites in the recent generation of seiyuu.

You too? Laughing The first time I saw her picture and I said, "This meganekko girl was born to be a moe-kei anime seiyuu. She's a natural." And she does her job pretty well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
g0th1k4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
i really liek this series so far...

will it ever get licensed? because im hoping for DVDs with Eng subtitles to come out which the Japanese dvds dun have
quikbeam1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I really like the show so far, i have 5 episodes to go and i really like how the episodes towards the end focus more on Sayuri and how she discovers about her feelings for Riku
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:31 am Reply with quote
g0th1k4 wrote:
will it ever get licensed?

Probably...not, I don't think a series like this would sell all that well in North America. Then again, who knows?

quikbeam1 wrote:
i have 5 episodes to go and i really like how the episodes towards the end focus more on Sayuri and how she discovers about her feelings for Riku

I would've opted for him to end up with Mina...or Tsukasa, or even Hiyokko, just not Sayuri. I have heard however that spoiler[she changes later in the series and becomes much less composed and perfect], so I'll keep that in mind if when I finish the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1