• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria' Spinoff Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Ooh another TV series and DanMachi OVA coming in the future. Fun. But going by the content, this is most likely a 1-cour.

Might look forward to it Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:41 am Reply with quote
Well, that was out of left field... I still expect them to announce a second season to the main as well eventually, though...
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:53 am Reply with quote
Yes! Our Goddess Hestia is giving us more appetizers before she gives us the holy 2nd season. Can't wait.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:16 am Reply with quote
I think I'll pass. I thought the first season was pretty average, okay at best. I don't have an urge to want to watch more of this franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
Great news also i think this gives us good hope for a actual 2nd season later on to keep us warm befor they make another season of the main story Smile and some more Ais never hurts and it seems like its gonna start at the same point as the 1st danmachi just that it gonna tell from Ais standpoint and later on its all gonna be about her and since she and her party is quite stronger iam expecting some good action fights against strong monsters in the dungeon. Smile
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
I think I'll pass. I thought the first season was pretty average, okay at best. I don't have an urge to want to watch more of this franchise.

I agree with the first and second sentences. Where I deviate is the last one. I'm kind of interested in seeing a continuation of the main story, but not a side story.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
Pfft... Not interested, but I hope that the money that will get milked from fans by this side series will be used to kickstart S2. I'd settle for nothing else.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
I honestly wasn't expecting this. While I didn't really get into the anime all that much due to some of the pacing, I'm really enjoying the novel series.

When I first heard that Sword Oratoria was licensed by Yen Press I was ecstatic since I like the characters from the Loki familia (notably Aiz, Reveria, and the goddess herself). I'll probably check this out if it debuts before the novel series does in the states.

I wonder if the series following Ryuu will be adapted as well when it gets further along.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Well...when i heard of the OVA renouncement a while back and the upcoming event that was mentioned with it... i suspected that we might get an anime adaptation announcement. However i tought it would be a S2 not a spin off.

I guess they decided to expand the franchise so as they can gain more revenue due to merchandise sales..the anime was a decent seller at around 5.2k avereag sale but the LN and Manga sales were much bigger but the merchandise that was based of it..is what really turned a huge profit margin for the publishers. This just seems it will expand it further.

Well i just hope that is better paced than it's predecessor. I also still think that S2 is still possible. the standard practice is 2 or 3 volumes per cour. rushed ones up to 5 volumes...the first season coverd the first 5 volumes. right now it has 9 total. so if they slow it down a bit they have more than enough material if they do it at the same pace as the first than just one more volume is needed( should be released sometime this year too). Anyway i just hope the spin-off is good ...Will watch.
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
People this is not a continuation per se nor a proper "2nd season", it is a side story, it may develop a story in parallel (if the production company doesn't start to invent stuff like with other adaptations) from the point of view of Aiz and Loki Familia, the news its clear about this. Dont build up misplaced expectations.
zztop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Oratoria basically helps expand the Danmachi universe more, and showcases the various other Familias and their gods which weren't prominent in the main Danmachi novel.

Aiz's cases tend to be more dangerous than Bell's adventures, and cover darker elements of Orario life.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Well i just hope that is better paced than it's predecessor... the standard practice is 2 or 3 volumes per cour. rushed ones up to 5 volumes...the first season covered the first 5 volumes.

Speaking as an anime-only viewer, I had no problems with the pacing. In fact, until recently I honestly thought episodes 9-13 were adapting the 4th novel alone... never crossed my mind they were also adapting novel 5 there.

You wanna know what is an obviously rushed 1-cour-5-volume anime? - Ant-Magic Academy 35th Test Platoon
zztop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
Well i just hope that is better paced than it's predecessor... the standard practice is 2 or 3 volumes per cour. rushed ones up to 5 volumes...the first season covered the first 5 volumes.

Speaking as an anime-only viewer, I had no problems with the pacing. In fact, until recently I honestly thought episodes 9-13 were adapting the 4th novel alone... never crossed my mind they were also adapting novel 5 there.

You wanna know what is an obviously rushed 1-cour-5-volume anime? - Ant-Magic Academy 35th Test Platoon

Ah yes, Antimagic. They also cut and altered a lot of the source novel content, and put in an anime-original ending. LN fans were furious. Not to mention the author initially said he was so happy his books were getting animated - I wonder how he feels now.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Not really interested in an anime centered around the most boring character in DanMachi. Like others here, I rather see a continuation to season 1.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I wanted to see more of Loki's yuri antics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2