• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Summer 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:10 am Reply with quote
Oh my! I've missed out the voting again. But as long as the shows I watched are covered, I'm willing to overlook this. I'm looking forward to weekly reviews.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:17 am Reply with quote
This summer season feels a little naked without Fate/Apocrypha (thanks, Netflix) so we'll never know how its episodic user scores will stack up among other shows. Ditto for Kakegurui as well, and that had a kickass OP sequence almost on par with Princess Principal in terms of oozing with style.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This summer season feels a little naked without Fate/Apocrypha (thanks, Netflix) so we'll never know how its episodic user scores will stack up among other shows. Ditto for Kakegurui as well, and that had a kickass OP sequence almost on par with Princess Principal in terms of oozing with style.

That's actually my least favorite thing about the way Netflix does things. I'm a binger myself, so it doesn't really effect how I consume the stuff too much, but I've gotten so accustomed to following along with episodic reviews and overall community reaction that it really feels like a massive hole has been created whenever Netflix gets one of the more anticipated titles... Sad
HandofBobb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
Tsk no Hell Girl/Jigoku Shojo

Yeah, I'm also kinda crushed by this- It's tied with Owarimonogatari for my most anticipated of this season, and I was looking forward to the added discussion which weekly reviews encourage...
hinugundam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Made in Abyss gets a release (blu ray or something) cause it was the only show I had interest it watching, but I am not paying for strike.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for the centaurs making it out of the gate successfully. I wish Gabriella a pleasant run with them!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mhora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Hell Girl? Where are you?! Sad
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 am Reply with quote
hinugundam wrote:
Hopefully Made in Abyss gets a release (blu ray or something) cause it was the only show I had interest it watching, but I am not paying for strike.

You can watch the show without paying you know?
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
No 18if is a shame. It could use the coverage.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:29 pm Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:

Nope, it just polled really poorly! Critical reviews don't matter if people just don't vote for the show, I'm afraid. Critical preferences can definitely swing picks one way or the other if stuff's on the fence, but Cheer Fruits was firmly off the fence.

Color me surprised. With Cheer Fruits anyways. I'm not surprised with Saiyuki polling low. As I said before I figure if you're not a fan already it probably won't garner many new ones. So sad as I may be I am not surprised. I am very surprised with Cheer Fruits though. Given the seemingly very positive response from users I would have figured people would have voted for it. Oh well. Hopefully the series discussion thread will be active at least.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:24 pm Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:
hinugundam wrote:

You can watch the show without paying you know?
The double paywall and lack of simuldubs makes Amazon Strike a horrible value but if you already have Amazon Prime it is worth considering.

Morry wrote:
No 18if is a shame. It could use the coverage.
The first episode of 18if was average but the second episode was very surprising. If they had started the show with the second episode it would have gotten a lot more interest. Granted the tonal shifts between episodes are huge so it is hard to know where that show is going.
TymersRealm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
The first episode of 18if was average but the second episode was very surprising. If they had started the show with the second episode it would have gotten a lot more interest. Granted the tonal shifts between episodes are huge so it is hard to know where that show is going.

I tend to agree with that. I think 18if has potential, but the shift with the MC in ep 2 questions where the show is going.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
TymersRealm wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:

I tend to agree with that. I think 18if has potential, but the shift with the MC in ep 2 questions where the show is going.

I share that sentiment as well. Really surprised by the direction it took in ep 2. No idea if it's a good move on their part, but it blew me away and got me significantly more interested in the show for the time being. Hopefully it's a sign of good writing rather than just an accidental bit of brilliance. Or an attempt at just being super edgy.
I did vote for this show in the poll, and thought it was actually kind of anticipated, so I'm a little surprised it didn't make it. I wasn't too bummed to see it missing until just catching the first two episodes this afternoon though. The reviews for episode 1 are definitely reasonable, but I was still more interested than most of them seemed to be. And then episode 2 happened. Shocked
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
All of the shows I voted for made it in (I'm currently watching 15 in the new season), except for Saiyuki (which I agree with the previous comments, it's not really accessible to new fans due to it's age...still a little sad about it though...the world needs more of Genjo Sanzo.).

The shows I'm really excited for so far are Welcome to the Ballroom, Restaurant to Another World, Altair: A Record of Battles, and Katsugeki! Tōken Ranbu.

And of course while I expected Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul to come back (as it's absolutely awesomesause!), I'm still very happy to see it on the list! (Please give us more Azazel in the second half...PLEASE!!!)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
While I agree "Hand Shakers" was lame, outside of the brocon character, what is about it that many people disliked? The animation was something to be desired.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4