• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Knight's & Magic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if ernie will finalyl like a girl if he happens to stumble upon one his (mental) age, I found that to be a pretty fun tought considering who he saved in the tower event.
zztop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:42 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
I wonder if ernie will finalyl like a girl if he happens to stumble upon one his (mental) age, I found that to be a pretty fun tought considering who he saved in the tower event.

So far the LNs don't have a girl like that yet.
Addy's the closest there is to a human pairing with Ernie, but the true pairing is still Ernie x Mecha.
(Stefania was dropped from the novels some time ago.)
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:

So far the LNs don't have a girl like that yet.
Addy's the closest there is to a human pairing with Ernie, but the true pairing is still Ernie x Mecha.

that's unfortunate. having her half sister would more or less keep addy on her toes. however the only way he would have any affection towards the opposite sex is that if she was also a mecha otaku as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad they killed off Kerhilt. Now if they'd do likewise to her sister over in Altair, I'd be a happy camper.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:31 am Reply with quote
In Episode 10, i'm glad that Ernesti was sparingly used. He to OP for this setting. He driving around in what could be termed as the magically powered Gundam. I agree he should have tore apart that Levitation ship, i halfway expected him to capture one. I guess that's too much.

Kid's development helping the Princess was nice change of pace. Having his Phoenix order Knights getting their own time under the sun was best of all since their not masters of their craft yet.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:26 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
zztop wrote:

that's unfortunate. having her half sister would more or less keep addy on her toes. however the only way he would have any affection towards the opposite sex is that if she was also a mecha otaku as well.

It feels strange to be unsurprised by that, but I guess I am not surprised. In a normal wish fulfillment show, I would expect the boy's harem of cute slave-minded girls to grow and grow. However, I think in this show the girls really just get in the way of Ernie's true love :0
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
jr240483 wrote:
zztop wrote:

It feels strange to be unsurprised by that, but I guess I am not surprised. In a normal wish fulfillment show, I would expect the boy's harem of cute slave-minded girls to grow and grow. However, I think in this show the girls really just get in the way of Ernie's true love :0

I personally predict that Ady will become a cyborg, making Eru more motivated to "make children". It would be funny at least.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. Why...why must they rush through this SERIES?!!

The conflict they SKIPPED through in episode alone could been six episodes at least of them retaking fighting the invaders and retaking lost Territory.

Are they not going be able to afford 2nd season?!? I guess so i think. I can't understand it. Unless this was just get otaku to buy more light novels and keep manga alive. I can't see any way they could need to fund anime series without spoiling the entire thing.

Not like their selling model kits for the series. Which i think would be cool or a video game so people can play with the Silhouette Knights.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Do we have any indication of how much time has actually passed in epiosde 11? In this one episode the enemy empire pushed across half the country, taking a city and stuff before fighting a battle, losing retreating back across the country while the rebel forces go and take back the half of the country they took plus some more fortresses, and during that time the empire was able to finish designing and building a mecha dragon. I would think it would be weeks or even months for something like that to occur but it's hard to tell.

Anyway, at least we hopefully get to see a not quite so one sided fight next week, although I won't hold my breath for too long.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:51 am Reply with quote
I think maybe etherite is NSFW... Shocked
GhostOfShowsPast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Out of all the girls I think Nora would be best for Eru from the interactions we've seen she has the maturity he lacks, is skilled, intelligent and works well with Eru and don't know why but just not a fan of Ady.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Many isekai works involve the protagonist improving the technological level of the world as a whole using personal knowledge from their old world.

This is probably the only one where the protagonist actively tries to discourage certain types of technology. It would be interesting if there was a more serious isekai where the protagonist did that for justified reasons (like preventing the atom bomb), but Knight's and Magic is not that show. I don't mind the shallow motivation though as it's completely in character for the protagonist and makes the protagonist the most motivated that he has ever been in this war.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:23 am Reply with quote
GhostOfShowsPast wrote:
Out of all the girls I think Nora would be best for Eru from the interactions we've seen she has the maturity he lacks, is skilled, intelligent and works well with Eru and don't know why but just not a fan of Ady.

from the way the LN is, its highly unlikely since you know, addy is the whole childhood friend and all .

and speaking of which, it would be seriously disappointing if this series falls under the typical "read the books kids!" trap that tends to follow anime series that are based off of light novels like a bad case of diarrhea and with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
and speaking of which, it would be seriously disappointing if this series falls under the typical "read the books kids!" trap that tends to follow anime series that are based off of light novels like a bad case of diarrhea and with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS!!!!

Given that the novels are still ongoing, expecting a totally complete product seems to predictably lead to disappointment and to be a bit unreasonable. As long as they reach a satisfactory enough stopping point, I won't hold the incompleteness of the material against them. I'd rather they not make an original ending that would preclude or at least make it difficult to make a sequel, though that may never come anyhow.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

Given that the novels are still ongoing, expecting a totally complete product seems to predictably lead to disappointment and to be a bit unreasonable. As long as they reach a satisfactory enough stopping point, I won't hold the incompleteness of the material against them. I'd rather they not make an original ending that would preclude or at least make it difficult to make a sequel, though that may never come anyhow.

that may happen. they could end up doing an original ending if the LN is still ongoing,and have the conclusion completely rushed.

however, its also possible, they would have the ending borderline. similar to how season 1 of tales of zestiria the x as well as radukai kishi no cavalry ended. where it have a reasonable conclusion ,but can indeed open the door for a season season.

unfortunately has history have shown when it comes to anime series that are based off light novels, some of them will undoubtedly include the ever so annoying "read the books kids!" type of ending. some of the anime series adaptations that showed this year like alderamin of the sky are pretty good. but unless its a series(cough* cough* highschool dxd, zero no tsukaima ,shakugan no shana) that is highly popular or have a rabid fanbase that is, that ending trap is all but guaranteed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7