• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wonderful Everyday/Subahibi Vsual Novel's Kickstarter for Physical Goods Delayed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"evaluate and potentially rework some aspects of the campaign."

So they are going to censor the hell out of it. Great. Sounds like they might even end up censoring the general release and not just the Steam version.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:05 am Reply with quote
Ooh, didn't know this was getting a west release, i've always wanted to give it a go, since it ranks so highly at VNDB and I like the overall theme. I just hope the final product won't be too censored...
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 am Reply with quote
Title should read "Visual"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:49 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
So they are going to censor the hell out of it. Great. Sounds like they might even end up censoring the general release and not just the Steam version.

No. From the article;
Quote:
Frontwing will release the localized version of the game's first chapter, titled "Down the Rabbit-Hole," in late August via Steam for US$29.99. Frontwing will then make the game's remaining content available via a separate adult content patch, which expands the release to the full game at no additional cost.

It might be because of all the troubles with their Corona Blossom IndieGoGo campaign,with missing goods, missing contractors, etc, that they might want to think things through first...
Dylan21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:59 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Quote:
"evaluate and potentially rework some aspects of the campaign."

They've already explained this in detail plenty of times already on /r/visualnovels/.. There's a FREE patch for the rest of the content/chapters that comes with the purchase of the Steam version, it'll be fully uncensored with the patch, the only scene removed is 15 lines (the beastility scene), which is removed due to legal reasons. This is the best method for them to go about it as Steam will have a wider reach and allow more exposure. Also people are more likely to find a pirated version of the patch compared to the Steam version. If they made the steam version free, then people would easily download it and then a lot of people will illegally download the patch, as the visual novel community seem to be against paying for patches for 18+ content.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:50 am Reply with quote
Wonder how many people will patch the bestiality scene back in as well after the inevitable unofficial patch for that surfaces? With only 15 lines and a few CGs it should come rather quickly afterwards methinks...
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Razor/Edge wrote:

No. From the article;
Quote:
Frontwing will release the localized version of the game's first chapter, titled "Down the Rabbit-Hole," in late August via Steam for US$29.99. Frontwing will then make the game's remaining content available via a separate adult content patch, which expands the release to the full game at no additional cost.

It might be because of all the troubles with their Corona Blossom IndieGoGo campaign,with missing goods, missing contractors, etc, that they might want to think things through first...

Yes, I read that. But not knowing the context of the "reworking the campaign" quote, we don't know if that means just the Steam version. I've seen some games released in the US that have a similar 'restoration patch' for adult that still doesn't restore everything from the foreign release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1