• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viewster Adds School Days, Humanity Has Declined Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quote
School Days, huh? Unless it gets a Ghost Stories-style dub, then Humanity really has Declined.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
School Days, huh? Unless it gets a Ghost Stories-style dub, then Humanity really has Declined.

I see what you did there. Wink
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 pm Reply with quote
wait viewster is still around?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I've heard much about School Days, but I'm not sure if I should watch it or not.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
I've heard much about School Days, but I'm not sure if I should watch it or not.

School days is the warning to every Harem MC of what would REALLY happen!
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:08 am Reply with quote
^It is my understanding the MC was a bit more intentional and callous in his philandering rather than just indecisive as with other harem MCs, spoiler[hence the axe murder]. I know the gist of it, I just don't know if I need to experience it myself. It wouldn't be my highest priority if I did decide to anyways.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:26 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
^It is my understanding the MC was a bit more intentional and callous in his philandering rather than just indecisive as with other harem MCs, spoiler[hence the axe murder]. I know the gist of it, I just don't know if I need to experience it myself. It wouldn't be my highest priority if I did decide to anyways.

It's been very poorly received, and kind of deserves it. It tries to deconstruct harem anime and falls flat on its face with unlikable characters and horrible writing. Hence why I suggested the Ghost Stories-style dub.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:

It's been very poorly received, and kind of deserves it. It tries to deconstruct harem anime and falls flat on its face with unlikable characters and horrible writing. Hence why I suggested the Ghost Stories-style dub.

If don't think it will ever get a English dub. Besides does Viewster even do English dubs?
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote
TdFern 87 wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:

If don't think it will ever get a English dub. Besides does Viewster even do English dubs?

It won't and they don't. I was just joking around.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 am Reply with quote
Viewster?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 am Reply with quote
Viewster adding School Days on the 10th anniversary of Nice Boat! Haha wow can't believe I missed this.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

On what hellish planet was School Days trying to deconstruct anything? Makoto is the very definition of a asshole.
WingKing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Viewster adding School Days on the 10th anniversary of Nice Boat! Haha wow can't believe I missed this.

[spooky voice] On this very night, ten years ago, along this same stretch of the internet. I saw the worst anime I ever seen...
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

On what hellish planet was School Days trying to deconstruct anything? Makoto is the very definition of a asshole.

Because that's what a real life Harem protagonist, especially a normal teenager, would likely end up being
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

what's ironic is that,in the original VN,you can make him a decent,if indecisive,human being.
spoiler[or porking lolis,if you're into that too...]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2