• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Streams Food Wars! English Dub Clip

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quote
Sorry Sentai but you really dropped the ball on this one especially cos I actually liked how you dubbed Gate. Danmachi is ok while MonMusu is.....bearable. But I hopped for better considering SnS is more mainstream...

That and you didn't get Gordon Ramsay to voice Shinomiya...Imagine the swearing...and the British accent on a Japanese guy
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
that dub clip seemed fine to me quite energetic and funny ... I love dubs ..i love the fact that Sentai seems to be upping their amount of dubs .
i also like that they are doing some full 2 cour initial release products .
what i hope for though is that they have a mid-grade release ... for i am a modest collector and their CE's or PREMIUM releases mostly don't fit on my shelves ( not that they aren't jam packed with good stuff ) and then their SE releases are to modest . I'm hoping they start to do some LE releases like Funi with a nice chipboard box that houses a 2 cour series .
For me myself i like MAX DUBBED ANIME MINUTES ... don't really care for oddly sized (needs its own display shelf) style release that has a bunch of stuff that i don't need .... thanks Funi for nailing your LE releases
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
I don't know if it's the clip chosen, I found everyone good except Soma...which is like god damn important to nail. Such a shame after they got the best VA for Bell. Hopefully it's one of those getting use to situation.

FUNIMATION still king of dubs.
That would be Bang Zoom! Honestly Funimations dub are not even that good, there just rarely bad.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:26 am Reply with quote
The "Broooooooo" thing is obnoxious, but he's a minor character at least. Otherwise, I actually like the sounds of the cast so far. Even Soma.

Hope we get a clip of Erina soon. She's the only voice I'm kind of worried about, since an AnimeExpo reviewer mentioned she had a "valley girl-esque" voice.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
The "Broooooooo" thing is obnoxious, but he's a minor character at least. Otherwise, I actually like the sounds of the cast so far. Even Soma.

Hope we get a clip of Erina soon. She's the only voice I'm kind of worried about, since an AnimeExpo reviewer mentioned she had a "valley girl-esque" voice.

Valley girl is practically the opposite of Erina's character. If they really do that to her then any plans of me ordering this is completely gone if it wasnt already
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Valley girl is practically the opposite of Erina's character. If they really do that to her then any plans of me ordering this is completely gone if it wasnt already

Here's the review I was talking about: http://411mania.com/movies/anime-expo-food-wars-english-dub-premiere-review/

What I don't get is, if she had to have a dialect, wouldn't British have worked much better? Not saying she should have one, but at least that would have fit her personality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3