• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail TV Anime Gets 'Final Season' in 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I hate when an Anime doesn't end.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
YES!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:32 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Snakebit1995 wrote:
I just wish once in a blue moon I could go into a chapter discussion or a news discussion and see people honestly talk about the series positives, or just not act like FT is the worst thing ever made.

Does this happen a lot with Fairy Tail discussions on the Internet? And if so, does it often come from One Piece fans (like what this seems to have become)? If so, I apologize on behalf of all One Piece fans for making being a Fairy Tail fan difficult.

I can't speak for the rest of the net but I can assure you here at ANN it is one of the shows that seems to constantly have issues with discussions. For whatever reason FT seems to get much more vitriol and posts where users simply criticize other users for either enjoying or not enjoying the show. Whenever we mods see a new FT topic we watch it more closely just as we do any Fate or Gundam related topic as well. They tend to bring out the same problems.
CrowLia

I will second the hope that this new series goes back to the brigther color palette of the original seasons instead of the drab, muddy colors that became the norm since the Sun Village arc. Even if the final arc has been a disappoinment, I still like the vibrant quality of the series and its characters and hopefully we can recover that nostalgic feeling for the finale
KH91

As expected. I knew the anime would continue. The adaptation the fans asked for. It appears Hiro can do what Tite can't when ending the manga.

Now I wonder if they'll animate the rest of the spin-off manga's even though the manga is finished.
Bartholomew Kuma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Its ironic that FT fans are always quick to bring up popularity whenever it gets slam for its bad writing, sloppy art and terrible story forgetting the fact that manga sales has fallen significantly, the first anime series getting canned (the studio co-producing it didn't want to work on it anymore alongside its piss poor ratings), both movies flopping (first one was only released as an extra for the special edition of a manga volume in Japan) and the fact that a recent series like Nanatsu no Taizai was able to topple it in 2 years of serialization as the 1# manga in Magazine.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I wonder of Hiro M. Will be more involved in the third season now FT Manga has finished. Provided he doesn't start his new series immediately.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I don't even know where to begin picking this apart.
jaykayjk10 wrote:
Ikr. Hoping to God that's sarcasm.

Not sarcasm at all, the fights have been exceptional (as they always are with FT), not dragged out, all the story threads have been wrapped up in wonderful style and the biggest threat was dealt with in a way that made a lot of sense (take note for Yonkos Oda!). Is the ending perfect? No, there are a few minor niggles I have but that's it.

After 545 chapters, side stories, all the animated works and a lot of merch bought I've greatly enjoyed the finale and think it to be a worthy end, it would have stuck out more to be if Hiro messed up considering my love for it.

That's all I'm gonna say on the matter, don't want to derail the thread any further when it's about the anime resuming.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Well it was a matter of time I guess.

Good for the fans.

I'm happy for the fans, of which I used to be one, but I'm not exactly excited anymore. I feel like they should just let the series die where it is, rather than letting it worsen down the path of the continuously lower quality manga storyline. Focus on some other manga to adapt fully, like Bleach or Gash Bell or... Gash Bell. Maybe even Gash Bell. Of course, if they ever get stumped on what to make next, they can always adapted Gash Bell.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Well it was a matter of time I guess.

Good for the fans.

I'm happy for the fans, of which I used to be one, but I'm not exactly excited anymore. I feel like they should just let the series die where it is, rather than letting it worsen down the path of the continuously lower quality manga storyline. Focus on some other manga to adapt fully, like Bleach or Gash Bell or... Gash Bell. Maybe even Gash Bell. Of course, if they ever get stumped on what to make next, they can always adapted Gash Bell.

Bleach is more llikely to be have it's end animated over Bell seeing as it didn't end a Decade ago.

Fairy Tail is getting it's last anime hurrah for it's final arc since the manga is ending in the next chapter the timing wont' be so far apart.
bones2039

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that Fairy Tail is getting a proper anime ending. I've really enjoyed the manga even when it's not as good as it once was. Unlike Bleach and Naruto, I've yet to feel like finishing the manga(i only follow official printed releases) has been a chore. I stopped reading Bleach for a while because I stopped caring and now only read it to finish it. Same thing happened with Naruto. Fairy Tail has avoided that for me.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Its threads like these that make me really reluctant to not unleash my inner "warlike" anime fan within me.
But guys like mooseV01, Punch Drunk Marc, Bartholomew Kuma, make it very difficult for me to resist the urge.
Zimba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Great! Last hurrah for FT!
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 am Reply with quote
still can't believe there's no final Bleach arc yet...guess I gotta wait for Boruto to fail or end for the studio to get the idea... :'(
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 am Reply with quote
Ugh.... well this was bound to happen. But trust me people it's not worth the hype. Those last arcs are really the worst in the entire series, so much BS. After I finish the manga I'm not going back to this series. Hiro dissapoinyed me so much, THIS HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL DAMMIT!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5