• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Passes Away at 41

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:19 am Reply with quote
UGH this shocked me so much. I thought it was fake at first but it spread all over the news..I'm so sad right now.. LP was my childhood band! It won't be the same anymore without him Crying or Very sad RIP to Chester and my sincerest condolences to his family, friends, and the Linkin Park family. Crying or Very sad
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 am Reply with quote
My first exposure to a lot of anime was through AMVs. Make all the Linkin Park is emo jokes you want, but I loved them and feel a sense of loss with this news.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 am Reply with quote
All those AMV's...all those songs...I feel so depressed right now. Numb is one of my all time favorites.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
First the juice is loose now this. Thank god this day is nearly over.
Hansond Jaysond Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:46 am Reply with quote
This world is cruel indeed.
Few of years ago, I was in a deep, deep depression.
I thought about suicide multiple times. One time, I legit almost slit my wrist.
But it was Linkin Park's songs that save me.
"Iridescent" ... I listen to it almost everyday even still to this day.
And now I just can't believe this...

LP wont be the same ever again without you, Chester.
Rest in peace, man.
You deserved a better life...
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
Numb...My December...What I've Done...so many songs that have helped me and Linkin Park was my introduction to AMVs. I too have depression and it saddens me that some think this is the only route. Fortunately, I chose another and still here.

RIP Chester...rest easy since your fight is now complete.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote
Thank-you, Chester. Your music helped me get through a very troubled time in my life, channelling many different emotions I was having trouble expressing. I give my condolences to your wife, family, and friends. I am sorry you are gone, long before it was your time. Rest in peace, my friend.

I am going to listen to the Numb Remix and Reanimation now. After Chis Cornell and Shadow on the Sun, this has been an overwhelming tragic year in music. For anyone else struggling with depression or enduring any type of substance abuse, do not give up. Ask for help, and remember you have people in your life that love and care for you and will definitely miss you if you are gone.

I survived my own diagnosis, and Linkin Park played a big part. Crying or Very sad
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 am Reply with quote
While not anime in itself Breaking the Habit has always been a favorite song of mine and I loved the animated music video they did for it. What really sucks is the fact that he killed himself the same way Chris Cornell did and on his birthday too. Dying young is sad enough but killing himself, and in this manner, is even worse.
Ochinchinsama69

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:12 am Reply with quote
It's unfortunate and all but I still don't get what this has to do with Anime and Japanese entertainment news -_-
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:33 am Reply with quote
Ochinchinsama69 wrote:
It's unfortunate and all but I still don't get what this has to do with Anime and Japanese entertainment news -_-

well maybe the fact that one of their songs was animated on japan by studio gonzo (which is an anime studio), or maybe LP was the fave band of the one who posted this post or probably, they just want to spread the word of chester's death to the anime fans that was too indulge on their otaku life .
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
Very unfortunate that this happened. LP was one of my favorite bands in the 2000's. How did that happen? The singer. I hope they find the cause and I hope his family and friends can get through this.

RIP
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:01 am Reply with quote
Ochinchinsama69 wrote:

You know Transformers has multiple Anime adaptions, right?

This news hurt me. Linkin Park was huge (when they first debuted) while I was in high school and I have fond memories of blasting their first album on my sister's car stereo while driving to school. I was in complete disbelief when I heard the news and had hoped that it was a sick attempt at fake news. It is truly a sad day for Anime and Linkin Park fans.
Crying or Very sad

KH91 wrote:
Very unfortunate that this happened. LP was one of my favorite bands in the 2000's. How did that happen? The singer. I hope they find the cause and I hope his family and friends can get through this.

RIP

I'm sad to say that he took his own life. They found him in his apartment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
This is sad, I enjoyed a lot of their earlier music, Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Living Things. RIP.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:45 am Reply with quote
Breaking the Habit was the first LP song I ever heard. I remember the video amazed me as a kid. I didn't become a HUGE fan of theirs afterwords but a few of their songs I still bump in my playlist: Breaking the Habit (of course), Lying from you, Numb, some of the songs from that collab album they had with Jay-Z.

RIP Chester.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
The Reanimation CD cover always reminded me of a Gundam.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3