• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Licenses the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
Aki Ameko wrote:
In addition to my last post: Does anyone know what the color-coding on the chart means?

Seasons of the year, apparently. The blue is winter, pink is spring, orange is summer, and brown is fall.
Aaaah, gotcha. Arigatou. ^^

I don't know why every keeps saying it will only appeal to dedicated anime fans and wouldn't be good for TV... I personally think it would do very well on Adult Swim, it's on par with FLCL but has more of a plot. While FLCL makes you go "Waaaah...?" then "OMFG that's weird. o.o" from the randomness and inuendo, Haruhi makes you go "Waaah...?" then "OMG this blows my brain and that rocks. o.o" from the episode order and the plot twists. (At least for me, anyway) Adult Swim should really give this a shot, I know how much they loved FLCL. Smile
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:05 am Reply with quote
Haruhi could potentially do alright on tv, yeah. Though it's impossible to say unless it actually happens.

I bet though that it'd horribly confuse people and whenever the episodes jump to a different time period in the plot they'll blink and wonder if they somehow missed a week... Anime hyper
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
I bet though that it'd horribly confuse people and whenever the episodes jump to a different time period in the plot they'll blink and wonder if they somehow missed a week... Anime hyper
True. Maybe Adult Swim could explain about it in the hilarious text comments of theirs? Anime hyper
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:
True. Maybe Adult Swim could explain about it in the hilarious text comments of theirs? Anime hyper

They'd probably make fun of it, sure. But it doesn't NEED to be explained, because it's all a part of the absurdity of the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11