• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Tsuredure Children

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
@ Gina - re: Minagawa's mind games: agreed. However, she is free to tease Furuya's imouto as much as she wants because that's friggin' hilarious.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Gina - re: Minagawa's mind games: agreed. However, she is free to tease Furuya's imouto as much as she wants because that's friggin' hilarious.

I would totally watch a show staring Hotaru. But failing that, as much as I LOVE the theme and execution of this show, this is the ONE relationship that I would love watching episodes that actually function like the texting bit where they basically ignore the central "relationship" (Mingawa+Furuya) and instead focus on all the side-action (Minagawa+Hotaru) because Hotaru is AWESOME and it IS wildly entertaining to watch Minagawa antagonize her, unlike watching Minagawa antagonize Furuya.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Awright, a fellow Minagawa teasing Hotaru fan!

*chest bumps HeeroTX*
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Awright, a fellow Minagawa teasing Hotaru fan!

*chest bumps HeeroTX*

Heh, High-5! I could (and have) watch Hotaru screaming "Hontou kirai!" at Minagawa from her debut episode over and OVER.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I am still amazed at the casual cameos of characters who were otherwise cut from the anime. Do we have confirmation this is only one cour?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
I am still amazed at the casual cameos of characters who were otherwise cut from the anime. Do we have confirmation this is only one cour?

No, but it very likely. The comic/DVD sets listed on the official website only go up to episode 12, but they don't say that it is the final set.
Kiddo626

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:04 am Reply with quote
God, I just wanted to scream at Chiaki so bad after this ep. Poor Kana. Sad At least Goda and Kamine were cute as usual, and Motoyama was a real bro.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 am Reply with quote
This was undoubtedly my favorite episode of the series. And Kamine x Gouda have solidified themselves as my favorite couple as well. The final skit was indeed a little heartbreaking though. I am dying to see a resolution for that...
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 am Reply with quote
Motoyama-kun = MVP!

I really like the Chiaki/Kana pair and that final skit nicely showed how teenagers are prone to do stupid things when they feel under pressure. I hope they'll be able to make up soon and find their own pace for their relationship.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:28 am Reply with quote
Man, Chiaki and Kana just can't catch a break! They've been blocked at every turn, and Chiaki finally just broke in desperation. I know she'll get over the disappointment that it didn't turn out the way she'd dreamed (does it ever?), but poor Chiaki's got his work cut out for him.
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I wish it were possible to vote six stars because episode 11 deserves it. And it's the first time I have good feelings for Akagi. He's always coming on strong and him being on the sidelines and appearing vulnerable warmed my heart.

On the other hand, not enough Katori-senpai in this world.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Okay, there has to be a second season or OVAs or something. Pattie had too much involvement in the finale episode compared to her other cameos. She's even in the op with her man!
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I want more of this show so badly. I got used to relying on this show every week to pick me up and power me through the week. Saying goodbye will be a genuine struggle. What a pleasure. These kids were too f*cking cute. Kamine x Gouda is my favorite. <3
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I think they got to a good stopping point, even if more would be desirable. Overall it was probably one of the best shorts, not just this season or year, but of all time, and one of the best shows of the season in general. I have to commend their approach of following multiple couples, allowing us to have characters be in a relationship early on and watching others realize their feelings for each other across the season too.

Hopefully more shorts get coverage in the future, or rather more shorts warrant being covered like Tsuredure Children
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The show tried its best, but Tsuredure Children's tendency towards empty, 4koma-esque backgrounds and relatively stiff character movement made it difficult to feel much tension in its soccer battles.

Wow, I think this may be the weirdest criticism I've ever heard out of Nick, and he's had some doozies. Why on earth would they want to make us feel tension about the game? Shocked The soccer had absolutely nothing to do with anything beyond being a frame to display the comedy. Only some of the characters even cared who won or lost. Viewers certainly had no stake in the outcome, and it would have been outright sabotage to deliberately try to distract us with "tension" about a random game that's utterly beside the point of the show.

Anyway, great episode to cap a great season, hopefully the first of many. It was always the bright spot of my week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3