• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Tsuredure Children

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Probably the most interesting show to come out of this season, but I'm still left feeling somewhat disappointed. Like most comedy show, the joke became far rarer as the show would progress, this final episode probably had as many joke as just a single sketch from one of the earlier episode.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:16 am Reply with quote
OK, so which 4-koma romantic comedy are we most pining for more of: Tsuredure Children or Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun?
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
OK, so which 4-koma romantic comedy are we most pining for more of: Tsuredure Children or Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun?

Wasn't Nozaki-kun more of an "anti-romatic comedy"? Wink But seriously, i wouldn't want to choose, i loved both shows a lot.

I was very happy that Kana and Chiaki made up, if they'd kept us hanging here, i'd be really mad! Then again, it was an inexcusable crime that there was no Katori-kun in the final episode...so yes, give us more, please!
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

I'd want more of this personally. I love both shows, but Nozaki would be just more gags about romantic failures, while Tsuredure combines those romantic failures with some successes and has overall progress. With more time, you could reasonably expect to see a satisfying resolution to all of those character arcs. Also, Nozaki ended incredibly satisfyingly. As satisfying as I could've ever hoped for. This, while it was decent enough, still feels too open-ended and clearly has a lot of story left to tell. Anyway, that's my opinion.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I love both but I'd pick this. Nozaki-kun was perfect as is and doesn't leave me desperately wanting more. This cut out half of its couples (though some still cameo'd) and clearly has a lot more fun developments to tell.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

I think Nozaki-kun's funnier overall, but Tsuredure does have actual romance way over the former. I've read/am reading Nozaki's manga, so I know the remaining material is just as funny, but I don't know if Tsuredure's remaining material is romantically rewarding or not.

This is too tough a choice, man, can't we just get both? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3