• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nōnai Poison Berry, The Grudge Actress Yōko Maki Criticized for Comiket Plans

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Maki also gave her reasons for wanting to participate in Comiket 93, explaining that various entertainment agency restrictions make it difficult for her to interact with fans directly...

Can someone elaborate on this bit further?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Quote:
Maki also gave her reasons for wanting to participate in Comiket 93, explaining that various entertainment agency restrictions make it difficult for her to interact with fans directly...

Can someone elaborate on this bit further?

Her agency is overcontrolling. It's probably damn easy for an idol or seiyuu to interact with fans at Comiket but probably not a normal actress (Has anyone heard of an idol or seiyuu forbidden to participate in Comiket?). However, she still shouldn't have sold her photomagizine there as it does go against Comiket rules.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I'd put more blame on Comiket for approving it...
Flare-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:57 pm Reply with quote
She deleted her Twitter account? Yeesh, Japanese fandom is really way too harsh. Seems like this was an honest mistake made out of haste, and she's already made sure to rectify it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1