• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Silent Voice Anime Film Opens in U.S. on October 20

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Viz likely has the U.S. home video license, since Eleven Arts distributes all of their films.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Viz likely has the U.S. home video license, since Eleven Arts distributes all of their films.

Eleven Arts has also distributed films for Aniplex, Sentai, and Funimation, as well as many other companies, so I don't think that's a particularly good guess. Unless Viz has something to do with the source, they don't really get much anime, and they have nothing to do with A Silent Voice.
Kovaelin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
So Canada is left with nothing? Great.

In my experience, a lot of times Canadian showings get announced last minute if they happen.

Yeah, we got Kizu 3 pretty late (and it was a one-day-only event too) and In This Corner in the World didn't even post times until the Tuesday of the week it started screening (tomorrow looks like the last day to catch it, by the way), which was on a Friday. We didn't get Mahouka (yet?) and I don't see anything about NGNL either, so maybe we should be messaging Azoland to show our interest.

I see Napping Princess has a September 8 date. It's probably just a placeholder though, as that's the U.S. festival date.

A Silent Voice also has a page, but again, that means little until they make an official announcement.
aiem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:57 am Reply with quote
My guess was probably correct. They spaced out the releases so they don't compete with Your Name for contending oscar nomination. It was strange that they picked Red Turtle last year instead of Your Name. It's so timely they release In This Corner Of The World then this. Not to Mention Mary And The Witch's Flower.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2