• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki Manga Artist Yū Passes Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
This is sad to hear. Sad I have been meaning to check out her manga adaptation of Wolf's Children one of these days. On another note it was nice read that she has manage to touch so many lives while on this planet by doing what she loved. I would imagine she would be dearly miss by her family and fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
This is so sad, Wolf Children is one of my favorite films, and I didn't know it has a manga adaptation. To think that she kept on drawing for her fans despite her illness is really inspirational. She loved drawing since childhood and has made her dream come true and was joyful during works. So young and talented, it's very sad to see her passed so soon Sad .

I definitely will check out her works when I have time. My condolences to her friends, family and fans. R.I.P Yū-sensei.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
My heart goes out to her family.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Omg so sad Crying or Very sad I loved the Wolf Children movie...may she RIP. Crying or Very sad
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote
May she rest in peace. My prayers go out to her family. I have a chronic illness as well and to hear that she died from something similar really hits home. I hope her family can recover from such a sudden loss.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Ouch. This is sad news, indeed.

I've seen the movie in Japanese--haven't gotten around to seeing it again since then. I oughta watch the English dub on my DVD sometime--but I never got around to reading the manga. Yet every single time I go into my local Barnes and Noble, I ALWAYS see it in the manga section. That big, hefty book on the bottom shelf, sitting there, standing out among the rest, looking so lonely. I always wanted to buy it, but never did, partly due to not having the money and partly because I was looking for other mangas or books at the time. After reading this article and the stuff written by the mangaka's husband, I really ought to rectify that and buy the manga once and for all.

Rest in peace, Yu. You got to do what you always wanted to do, so your life was a great one. Here's hoping you're still drawing even in heaven.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:51 pm Reply with quote
What sad news. May she rest in peace. My prayers go out to her family.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
The following video is called "Jiraiya's Death Theme unreleased Track!" (uploaded 10/16/2010 by ObiWan Shinobi): [url]youtube.com/watch?v=YYLr0u7FB3A[/url]. Felt it was appropriate.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
That's such sad news, my thoughts are with her family.
The Wolf Children manga is one that I bought because I loved the look of the art (and thoroughly enjoyed the film), but haven't had a chance to read so it's been sat on the shelf for an age, I shall pull it out tonight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1