• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura's Clear Card Arc TV Anime Slated for January 7

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
Look good so far. I'm guessing it'll be only a 1 cour as the manga doesn't have many chapters yet. Definitely still looking forward to it though as it's one of the childhood anime that I fondly remember even to this day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 am Reply with quote
CR, please get this.
megazero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
This is like the 90's all over again.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
In the name of Clow Cards, I hereby desecrate the name of another classic.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote
Ooooh! Looks nice! I've seen the whole anime and read the whole manga! I can't wait to see this!

I wonder if someone will dub it into English? The 90s series really suffered in the dubbing department with bad miscasts and being hacked into pieces. CCS deserves a great dub. It's a shame the original didn't get redubbed, and the Animax dub is kinda...dull. But oh well!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
OMG Sakura-chan has a new sealing wand! Very Happy It looks PRETTY! I'm officially HYPED for this.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

I wonder if someone will dub it into English? The 90s series really suffered in the dubbing department with bad miscasts and being hacked into pieces. CCS deserves a great dub. It's a shame the original didn't get redubbed, and the Animax dub is kinda...dull. But oh well!

If they could use the cast they used for the second movie it would be amazing for the dub. I want Funimation to get this so much.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope Sentai Filmworks dubs this, anyone but Viz Media is good for me, they made the Sailor Moon redub extremely bland, childish and unenjoyable.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I am slightly worried about this. The 90s series handled Yuktio and Toya's relationship quite well, in fact it's one of the very few positive gay relationships I have seen in a non-yaoi or shonen-ai anime. Will they tone it down this time, or even remove it altogether? And what about Tomoyo and her feelings for Sakura?
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I saw the 1st episode at AX. It was super nostalgic. The episode was based on the last chapter of the original manga. Had the exact feel of the old show. I have high hopes for it Smile
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I am not enthusiastic about this one at all, unfortunately. I wrote a review on MyAnimeList and essentially, I'm disappointed that they're going to go ahead with the manga canon. They've invalidated the end of the anime and the second movie (and by extension the entire anime canon), alienating anime-only fans like myself.

This goes beyond a simple unnecessary continuation of an old franchise. What does this mean for the Clear Card Arc anime? If they're going to disregard the anime canon and the second movie and continue with the manga canon, I don't think I'll be able to get invested in it at all. Only 19 Cards? No Meiling? Oh dear... In fact, they might as well have gone the whole Sailor Moon Crystal route and completely rebooted it as this is pretty much tantamount to that. Maybe worse, as anime-only fans like myself will feel this disconnect as elements don't add up. If you ask me, if they had wanted to make it a continuation, they should have adapted it to fit with the anime canon. As-is, it's like they didn't even attempt to make it similar in feel to the original anime.

Honestly, as a fan of the anime, I feel betrayed. They took part of what I loved and said... NOPE. It didn't happen. But I guess this must how manga fans must have felt when the original anime came out. What goes around comes around, huh? (^.^') Not to mention, I didn't feel that sense of nostalgia that everyone seem to have felt. As I rewatch the original anime series rather regularly, I guess CCS has never truly left me? Also, the fact that this was just a rehash of the anime ending but with less emotional weight made it fall even flatter for me...

Also, just as a side note... does Sakura really need another new wand/staff? The Star Wand was representative of her unique magic and for them to discard it just like that... There had better be a darn good reason.
leelee85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
I hope Sentai Filmworks dubs this, anyone but Viz Media is good for me, they made the Sailor Moon redub extremely bland, childish and unenjoyable.

So you ratter have Anime Strike Simulcast this anime before Sentai Filmworks release it on Home Video Dubbed (I'm still waiting for someone to liscene Battery or Dive for Home Video Release).
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:14 pm Reply with quote
The character designs of Yukito, Touya and Kaho all bother me. They all look like they're about 13 years old. While I'd expect that look for Sakura, Yukito and Touya should be brushing up on early adulthood, with Kaho being a decade or so older.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
I saw the 1st episode at AX. It was super nostalgic. The episode was based on the last chapter of the original manga. Had the exact feel of the old show. I have high hopes for it Smile

How can I watch that?
CCTakato

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I miss when anime nerds used to have a three episode standard requirement before judging the quality of the show as opposed to declaring something is going to be horrible before we've even seen any footage of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2