• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best Anime About Nerds

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Liked Watamote: coming to terms with being socially awkward. The manga was funnier and revealed even more odd situations extolling the imaginary throes surviving puberty and adolescence. Welcome to the NHK was an instant hit for me although I felt the roomie nerd gamer developer lad recovered too quickly from otakudom to be believable as the story moved forward.

My fav re nerddom was The Tatami Galaxy. Nothing evokes frustration better than being an outcast, real or imaginary, trying to achieve what others seemingly inherited at birth "living that rose-colored" life during college. As far as I was concerned this show correctly dissected what it's like to endure nincompoopery instead of selective scholarly knowledge preparing oneself for the rewards and pitfalls encountered attaining that mantle of accomplishment thinly veiled as the prelude leading to that rose-colored life. Here you encountered a gypsy on the street who dispensed wish-fulfillment in the guise of a service for a fee; there, you dealt with a college student advisor who dispensed mentoring in the guise of a rudderless ship.
Raiyou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to throw in a quick recommendation for Netoge aka And you thought there is never a girl online? in this thread. The “better” (imo) version of Gamers! and my personal favorite of the geek shows.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
I was like "Genshiken BETTER be on here!!" Anime hyper

Other ones I really like (besides this list) are Nozaki-kun, Comic Party, Doujin Work, and Lucky Star. I relate way too much to Konata. :p I don't want to play adult games though; that's the only bit that's off-putting about her. Anime hyper

There needs to be more anime with a MC obsessed with shoujo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2