• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Theater List, Screening Dates for 1st Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Once again Aniplex USA hates Philadelphia

Manville NJ..

Can't be much farther from Philly then it is for me.

Sure it is if you don't drive. I doubt that there is reliable public transportation there. Why pick a small area in NJ instead of a major city? That makes no sense.

edit: Btw it is over a 1 hr drive from Philadelphia so not close at all.
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping to be able to see it in theaters this month, I'm a little disappointed it won't be out till late November. I hope they give away some stuff at the theater, some of my previous experiences have spoiled me into wanting promo stuff.
Bastille

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Given that they're completely missing the greater Seattle area, and Seattle is one of the larger areas for anime in the US, this has to be a preliminary list.

Sadly, that is likely not the case. Something happened between Aniplex USA (or Aniplex themselves) and Grand Illusion. They had Mahouka listed for Grand Illusion at one point and then it vanished. A few friends and I tried to get an answer from Aniplex USA on why that happened but never got a response.

Given that Grand Illusion is now also missing here as well, I'm not getting my hopes up about a return.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
Once again Aniplex USA hates Philadelphia

Manville NJ..

Can't be much farther from Philly then it is for me.

Sure it is if you don't drive. I doubt that there is reliable public transportation there. Why pick a small area in NJ instead of a major city? That makes no sense.

edit: Btw it is over a 1 hr drive from Philadelphia so not close at all.

It's also over an hour drive for me.. but its Heavens Feel so I will be there.
Where there is a will there is a way... just sayin!
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I guess Toronto or Vancouver are both completely out of the question if they can't even get all the major US cities...
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Nowhere close to me, so I guess I've saved some money just to wait for the blu-ray, which will hopefully be bilingual from the get-go.

By the way, according to what I looked up in these theater ticket reservations, this first movie in the Heaven's Feel trilogy is 2 hours long. Wonder if this'll hold true for the next two? Very curious to know how they'll flow/structure the overall story in these 3 movies, but still excited!
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Jeez. I thought I could afford to wait a bit to buy the ticket, but they already sold most of the seats, so I had to take a seat near the front. I haven't sat in the front rows since I saw Ordinal Scale and had to crane my neck to see the subtitles. Hopefully they won't be on the top of the screen this time.

No kidding, this is a bit ridiculous to be honest. I think they vastly underestimated the popularity(or fan dedication) of Fate. I'm not even going to bother with the Fairfax showing. I'll try DC, or even Winchester instead. Glad I live in a location where it's not that hard for me to get to any of those options... Here's hoping I can actually get on the second DC showing that's not listed yet before those sell out... Sad

Bastille wrote:
Dessa wrote:
Given that they're completely missing the greater Seattle area, and Seattle is one of the larger areas for anime in the US, this has to be a preliminary list.

Sadly, that is likely not the case. Something happened between Aniplex USA (or Aniplex themselves) and Grand Illusion.

They've been cutting back on showings in general, it seems to be me. Or at least in my area. We used to reliably get two or three showings at the closest Indie theater to me, but now they have just one, which basically sold out just now in half a day. Not sure why they would go for just one showing with something like Fate, especially, when, as long as I've been going, even their most niche films were getting 3/4 full houses(on Mondays even) while having a minimum of two showings.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Sure hope Buffalo isn’t sold out already.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Bastille wrote:
Dessa wrote:

Sadly, that is likely not the case. Something happened between Aniplex USA (or Aniplex themselves) and Grand Illusion. They had Mahouka listed for Grand Illusion at one point and then it vanished. A few friends and I tried to get an answer from Aniplex USA on why that happened but never got a response.

Given that Grand Illusion is now also missing here as well, I'm not getting my hopes up about a return.

Considering what the Grand Illusion did with the Madoka movies, I would be MORE surprised if Aniplex worked with them again. You couldn't pay me to go to another movie there.
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
No kidding, this is a bit ridiculous to be honest. I think they vastly underestimated the popularity(or fan dedication) of Fate. I'm not even going to bother with the Fairfax showing. I'll try DC, or even Winchester instead. Glad I live in a location where it's not that hard for me to get to any of those options... Here's hoping I can actually get on the second DC showing that's not listed yet before those sell out... Sad

DC is still indicating tickets available for both screenings. Don't know what the available seats are like now, but I was still able to reserve a good seat when I bought my ticket this morning.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

DC is still indicating tickets available for both screenings. Don't know what the available seats are like now, but I was still able to reserve a good seat when I bought my ticket this morning.

I was able to get tickets for Monday night in DC, thankfully. The earlier showing only had single seats available by 4pm here(when I was finally able to actually get on the internet), so I had to pass on that one.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:01 am Reply with quote
Velshtein wrote:
Hmm, I live in the Los Angeles area, and $25 to see the movie is rather steep. Sad

If you want it cheaper, you would want to move to Phoenix, AZ. For the Harkins Theaters prices, kids 3-13 are $5.5-$8.5 where as adults (14+) are $9.5-$12.5.

Source: movietheaterprices.com/harkins-ticket-prices/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2