• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Two Car (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote

Two Car (TV)

Genres: tournament
Themes: motorcycles, racing

Plot Summary: Yuri Miyata and Megumi Meguro are two girls who enter the world of competitive motorcycle sidecar racing on Miyake Island. While they are the complete opposites of each other, and often butt heads, they complement each other well during races. The team will fight other motorcycle sidecar teams from all over Japan, each with their own opposing traits, such as honor student and working student, sadist and masochist, and a funny man and straight man.
----------------------------------

Original TV anime produced by Silver Link.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

What does it say when I think a lot about how dangerous this looks. I do wonder how much use the sidecar partner is in the race, but it certainly looks like the most dangerous part.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

And looks like in the end the show decided to try and have its cake and eat it too. By which I mean it really put it out that the really shouldn't be letting the guy have corrupted their friendship. That it could have ended on something a wise person once said that "if you win with friendship, you win at life", it shouldn't have mattered if they actually won the race, but if they did the best they could together, they would win at their friendship. The final race was exciting, I will give it that it finally had my attention with it after a while not feeling that important, our main characters winning is also kind of cool. But it was also kind of cool that the coach's fiancé saw that his obsession to win or push the girls to win the race despite the danger it posed, was kind of a bad thing, that it was not really a winning at life thing. She broke up with him, and then frustrating that it seemed to push the girls relationship between each other back, especially one who seems to be the bigger hypocrite between the two. So it felt like a nope, no lesson learned here.

I was kind of interested in this seeming to be some special project of Silver Link, but there really was not that much actually to really dig into. Choices of cheap jokes and the like. It had some fun with its ensemble, a favourite might have been the little bits between the lovebirds, which felt quite reminiscent of the sisters in Ange Vierge, which I feel like no surprise with Ange Vierge also being by Silver Link and same director. In fact, I think it was partially me being a fan of something like Ange Vierge got me excited. Although in practice I think the characters from this show were a bit overwhelming compared to the other that I filled it in better with just a core group. And also that I don't think a lot of the arcs had particularly healthy relationships or resolutions.

Anyway, I give a rating of So-so (5/10), it generally did not catch my attention as much as it should, relied a bit on tiered jokes, but was mostly harmless. It did have like one music bit that was interesting for some of its odder moments, that added some personality, but maybe not enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1