• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2018 Doraemon Film Gets 3DS game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't know anything about the overall quality of Doraemon video games. How good or bad have they been? I get the impression that they're essentially licensed brand name shovelware, designed to grab the little kids' attention and be bought by their parents (or bought by the parents under the idea of "The kids liked the movie/toys/TV show. They'll like the games too!"), kind of like the Barbie games or the pre-Disney Infinity Pixar games.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I don't know anything about the overall quality of Doraemon video games. How good or bad have they been? I get the impression that they're essentially licensed brand name shovelware, designed to grab the little kids' attention and be bought by their parents (or bought by the parents under the idea of "The kids liked the movie/toys/TV show. They'll like the games too!"), kind of like the Barbie games or the pre-Disney Infinity Pixar games.

Most of the older Doraemon games I've played are pretty good. There are some boring ones, such as Giga Zombie's Counter Attack. I haven't played any of the newer games, so I can't say whether or not they're any good. From what I've seen of the 3DS movie-based games, they look quite interesting, but due to their similar gameplay, they're getting pretty monotonous.

FuRyu, the developer of these 3DS movie-based games, really should consider developing a non-movie-based Doraemon game for either the 3DS or the Switch. I'm getting tired of all these movie-based Doraemon games. Epoch and Sega developed some interesting non-movie-based Doraemon games in the past, so I think FuRyu is capable of doing so, too.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping Doraemon and Friends won't have to contend with Blackbeard in the midst of their search for the hidden prize...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1