• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime That Almost Were

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
.... why ask gender for that poll? "You like Touken Ranbu? Oh, you're just a fujoshi, you don't count." (or alternatively, find an ugly show and say, "See? Women are smart, x percent of women prefer this ugly show to Touken Ranbu. Women aren't just fujoshi." ... which is still looking down on people who like bishounen anime).

Adding an "other" option to a gender poll isn't the solution. The solution is simply... don't ask about people's gender because it's none of your business.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
Man, I would've loved to have watched Despera and The Five Killers.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quote
^^Same, and I would have loved to have seen Dream Machine, Kon-sensei I miss you Crying or Very sad ...As for Hannah Montana, I guess it may have been a fan's wet dream but Thank God that didn't happen!
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:38 am Reply with quote
Hey, I'm the one who wrote L into the poll! (Can't believe he wasn't there in the first place. I mean Souichiro Yagami is awesome, but not exactly iconic...) I know he's a popular character, but it's still very neat to see my personal choice rank so high.

I totally would have watched Despera. "Spiritual successor to Lain" is enough to get me interested. Hopefully it actually moves forward eventually.

Looking at the poll, I realized I didn't watch any of the choices. I've really been falling behind when it comes to new anime Confused
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
Hmm, Akane top 5 on the poll, beating even Batman (the world's greatest detective) and Kougami. Maybe it's been a long time since I watch Psycho Pass but she's an awful detective, I don't remember her doing that much detective works, even Kougami did more works than her.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
.... why ask gender for that poll? "You like Touken Ranbu? Oh, you're just a fujoshi, you don't count." (or alternatively, find an ugly show and say, "See? Women are smart, x percent of women prefer this ugly show to Touken Ranbu. Women aren't just fujoshi." ... which is still looking down on people who like bishounen anime).

Adding an "other" option to a gender poll isn't the solution. The solution is simply... don't ask about people's gender because it's none of your business.

Dude calm down. Since when do they judge genders based on the results? They have been many polls where there were sections for both men and woman combined, and then sections with them separate. Its just some nice information to see what both sides like. Its not used to judge you.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
Here's to the hope that Despera, Dream Machine, The Five Killers, and, why not, Angel Scandies come to be.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
Despera and The Five Killers look great.
While it's doubtful, hopefully someone might revisit these two shows and greenlight it for an anime.
aquaofthewater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised they didn't even include Warrior Nun Areala as an Honorable Mention.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jimzSaxe6Y
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Mew Berry wrote:
I totally would have watched Despera. "Spiritual successor to Lain" is enough to get me interested. Hopefully it actually moves forward eventually.

I'm not going to complain! We did receive NieA_7 and Haibane Renmei in due time; both of which, despite their many differences, servicing their respective themes with the same quiet grace that we saw in Lain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:

Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning or something? A lot of polls here and on other websites separate genders in some of their questions. it's nothing new.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
That Sailor Moon sounds horrible and the pic looks like a character from that awful Darkstalkers cartoon from 1995.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:

I think it's natural curiosity about the statistics of anime fans and what different genders gravitate towards. There's no need to get this upset over it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, this was a depressing The List to go through. Sad
Vibrant Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Man, I would've loved to have watched Despera and The Five Killers.

agreed. someone should totally put them into production.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4