• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
help me find anime on dish network

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKOrtega

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I love anime and have dish network, i was wondering what anime programing are available and on what channels currently i watch the anime on cartoon network/adultswim, IFC had some but i dont know if they still do. colour also has funmation tv i was wondering if there is anything else by chance.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quote
AKOrtega wrote:
I love anime and have dish network, i was wondering what anime programing are available and on what channels currently i watch the anime on cartoon network/adultswim, IFC had some but i don't know if they still do. colour also has funmation tv i was wondering if there is anything else by chance.

Doesn't Dish Network have some sort of TV Guide? Charter Cable has that and I just run through various channels and click "Info" and that tells me a bit of the story or at least if it's anime or not. There is also the "real" TV guide and that told me recently that Gunslinger Girls will air Jan. 5 on IFC. It just takes a bit of looking. Plus if you Google the various channels, they will tell you what their programming is.
ParArdron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:52 am Reply with quote
Hi there fellow Dish networker. You did mention the main channel that I get my anime from (that being Cartoon Network) but if you have the Action channel or even WAM they both have anime on at specific times. Action most likely on Fridays and WAM during their "Block." I believe it's Gokusen and Samurai Deeper Kyo (also on Action occasionally). Action is more inclined to movies though...like Gundress in on tomorrow I think and they have showed Hellsing and Vandred on there as well. As for other channels I'm not sure if G4 still shows some anime or not, but they used to. Sorry if WAM and Action are part of a paid package though...I'm not sure what my parents pay for. I don't really watch much anime on t.v. I usually buy what I want to see...

Sorry if it doesnt help. Reading "the Click" might also help you find what is on t.v. as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elsie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget about Colours, which runs several Funimation shows. In fact, they've been having a Dragonball marathon today. The channel number is 9407; it's at the end of the program guide near the public access/university sponsored channels. Currently, they're running Kodocha, Fruits Basket, Case Closed, Spiral, Dragonball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Slayers and Negima. The only problem is that they're looping the first 13-26 shows. Spiral, for instance, has had the full series aired four or five times now, and Yu Yu Hakusho can't seem to finish the Maze Castle arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1