• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Rumbling Hearts and Grumbling Tummies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel_White_Wings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Damn, I see legitimate Sailor Moon DVDs...

Ha ha. So, I wasn't the only one, eh? Anime hyper

You know, Black Cat didn't really interest me. It was a long time ago, but I remember sitting in class reading this title, thinking how boring and cliche it was. Too many bounty-hunter characters have met my eyes. Razz

But I'm proud to say, that even though I'm envious at the size of your collection, I just had to get a new shelf this Christmas because my old one couldn't hold all my manga and anime.
Nermal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:23 am Reply with quote
LantisEscudo wrote:
Yes, a lot of money's gone into that shelf over the past seven years, but less than you'd think. RightStuf and Animeigo sales have been very good to me.

YES! I didn't regularly start buying real anime dvds until last year-ish, and so far RightStuf has been receiving most of my paychecks. I will strive to make my shelf as sexy as yours.

The only title I've watched from this week's picks was Rumbling Hearts, and it wasn't something that I wanted to rush out and buy...maybe if it ends up in the weekly specials at TRSI. I do however want to rent that Ninja Vixens...it sounds hilarious.

And those Ticketmaster fees....I totally agree. I ended up paying $83.30 for 2 Dir en Grey tix which were 29.50 each. And it's like every concert I want to go to sells tickets through Ticketmaster, so I don't really have a choice.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:23 am Reply with quote
LantisEscudo wrote:

Yes, a lot of money's gone into that shelf over the past seven years, but less than you'd think. RightStuf and Animeigo sales have been very good to me.

I know what you mean. Thanks to said sales, I think I've only payed more than 60% on 1/5 of my DVDs

Quote:
Yes, there are a number of non-anime DVDs there as well (less than a tenth), and the bottom-right corner is games. Anyone interested in the full list can look here on DVDaficionado.

Oh! so called it! Laughing I knew I saw some non-anime titles in there, but I was suprised to find the black adder. Great British comedy right there.

Anyhoo, I've got to say, though, I'm not quite as impressed as before...I geuss I just have smaller packaging...or something...It looks like mine is only a quarter, but it adds up to an entire third....and that, in and of itself is sort of sad for both of us Laughing
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
The idea of having your entire town frozen over in a sheet of ice may sound cool, but having it actually happen, as it did here in StL in late November, isn't all it's cracked up to be. Yeah, it looks pretty, but when 1/2 a million people are without power for almost a week and the idiots start killing themselves when they run their generators inside of a CLOSED garage (shakes head), well, the payoff just isn't worth it.

I was kind of on the fence about Air Gear. I've enjoyed the manga well enough so far, and it definitely struck me as something that'd be cooler when it was animated, but the review makes it seem like what it does right is exactly what I was hoping it would do right. It sounds like fluff, but enjoyable fluff, and there's nothing wrong with that. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3