• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Roundup: New Anime Series, Japanese Sites

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:44 am Reply with quote
ahh beautiful

first I hacked the old fansub tape of Ah my goddess the movie with a spanish ending song, and now Koichi mashimo is putting spanish on anime series, this is great

"El cazador de la bruja" (the witch's hunter or "The hunter of the witch)

not that he belongs to the witch but quite the contrary...

anime goes SPANISH!!!!
Panon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:48 am Reply with quote
I'd be interested in the Tetsujin 28 movie if not for the fact Yasuhiro Imagawa himself has said it's a bad movie, which is unfortunate.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quote
Yes, El Cazador looks really promising.
Strephon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
For a moment there I was wondering if El Cazador was an adaptation of the pirate comic Crossgen put out, but one quick look at the website quickly disabused me of that notion...
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quote
Holy... A Towards the Terra TV series is coming?! Shocked

I barrowed the film from a friend a few monthes back. It's rather rare these days. I enjoyed it a lot, but felt some scenes ended abruptly, and that it would've been even better with more fleshing out. I heard the manga was coming stateside, so I'm looking forward to that; but I outright said to my friend that it would probably make a great TV series though to all of the plot and the sheer potential of the concept.

Looks like I got my wish. Cool

That's definately the best news I've heard lately, by a long shot. Hopefully it'll live up to the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote
Oh praise be to the yuri gods, may El Cazador be fun girly goodness.
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be checking out the Toward the Terra series. I have the movie on LD, and agree with the above poster that it's quite good, but you can definitely feel that it's been condensed.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote
So, it looks like Bee Train's finishing up their 'girls with guns' trilogy, huh? Noir was all right in my book, and Madlax crapped out by trying to explain the inner workings of the whole series in the last two episodes. I'm hoping El Cazador will try and avoid some of the pacing problems that led to Madlax's somewhat disappointing finale.

EDIT: grammar
Vikio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote
I checked out the "Ice" website and the pic there looks just like the art for Saikano. I mean this

plus the line "YESTERDAY, TODAY and NO FUTURE" helped with the association. But yeah, the trailer shows that these two are not similar beyond this one point. Oh, and there are some mighty fugly characters in that trailer, I did not now they still drew anything so badly... Rolling Eyes

But at least I know from the comments here that Toward the Terra may be good. Thanks for the heads up!
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
Right off the bat (first impressions), It's like ICE is a hybrid between Last Exile and Gundam.

td99
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1