• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quote
Eh, it's nice to have something a little over the top once in a while. I laughed quite a bit at Kon and Urahara's antics. Tatsunoko Kon FTW! Looking forward to the next episode (mainly because I know what type of drudge we have to go through soon).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I actually look forward to some of the LT battles though, especially spoiler[Kira]'s.
Stellarleen

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
Anyone out there still watching? ^^

My thoughts on the last few episodes:

Well things have picked up a bit, these spoiler[pillar] fights are going by alot faster than I thought they would. I thought Yumichikawa's fight was rediculous, I just couldn't take it seriously with his opponent looking like that. Kira's was totally predictable, as soon as that thing spoiler[sprouted wings] it was pretty obvious how it would end up. Now Hisagi's fight, I found to be the most exciting by far. It's a shame it took 200 something episodes for them to bring that one out, and that it only lasted for like 10 minutes, sigh.

Will we be seeing Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra soon? I do hope that encounter lives up to my expectations. Ulquiorra is the most intriguing villan in my opinion, I'm looking forward to seeing his full powers.

Is this the Bleach finale or can we expect 200 more episodes to come?
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
There are a couple of hints and the feel of the story atm both in the manga and in the anime feels like it's winding up towards the finale. However whether or not that's going to take less than 200 episodes relies completely on how much more filler they're going to try cramming down the throats of the viewers. Personally I just like reading better than watching so I just worry about the manga, last time I checked in on the anime, they had taken a break from the Hueco Mundo fights and Ichigo was running around with some creepy blond girl in a Chinese coat, or something along those lines, I really didn't care for the anime much to begin with.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Stellarleen wrote:
Will we be seeing Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra soon? I do hope that encounter lives up to my expectations. Ulquiorra is the most intriguing villan in my opinion, I'm looking forward to seeing his full powers.

Soon? Not really. There's quite a bit of fighting to go in Karakura Town before it gets back to them, because that fight just ended in the manga about two weeks ago.

Wow, so 6 minutes before it get to the new material for Hisagi's fight. Geez. Although, it seemed like the animation was a step above usual for this episode. I couldn't stand Yumichika's fight either. It's like it was trying to hard to be funny, but it just ended up lame (like with the excessively long attack names). Kira's was a little better, if only because it didn't involve a creepy effeminate-looking macho guy. The "Exacta!" bit from Hisagi's enemy was annoying. Reminded me of "Eres correcto!" from the one baddy in Shaman King. Bit character villains don't need catch phrases.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but they're only like 10-15 chapters from Ichigo/Ulquiora, so it depends on how fast they go and if they add filler. I kinda think they'll have to at some point, because they're close to catching up and they blitzed the last few episodes. The latest one was great though, they hired out some high class animators.
grimace81

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
i know nobobody has posted in this forum for a while but what the heck.

i haven't read any of the manga so try not spoiling it too much for me. this question is just a hypothetical. or just making conversation.

so...when are the spoiler[fathers of ichigo and ishida] going to come back into the picture/fight? and for that matter, spoiler[the Vizards]? all of whom know about the spoiler[invasion ]into karakura town.

my thoughts...maybe they'll come in at the last second to save whomever needs saving. and then make the baddies all retreat so as to keep the series active. do the current captains know that spoiler[the vizards] are still alive?
Zork

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I think the only ones who know about the Vizards are Ichigo and spoiler[Urahara Kisuke (since he's the one that brought them there). Maybe Yoruichi]

I can't wait for the Vizards to show up because I want to see the reactions of a couple of the captains, especially spoiler[Captain Flowers, because the Vizard Lisa used to be his Vice-Captain.]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry, grimace, there's nothing to spoil yet. The manga is still stuck in mostly the same set of fights that the anime is dealing with now.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, pretty much. Wink It's almost amusing how little roward progress there's been over such a long period of time. I think the manga wraps up the current fights (including those in Hueco Mundo) and then starts 2-3 other fights, with no new characters being added of any significance, and that's about it. Really, it's probably only about 15-20 episodes off the Japanese version at the current pace.
seven_day7sm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote
got to say, if there is 200 more ep to come, i don't think i would be able to follow up. Shocked
grimace81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
well the episode was just about to get interesting. i mean you had the spoiler[captain commander] fighting. so its got that going for it...which is nice. the give us another sneak peak into hueco mundo ichigo v. ulquiorra. not much there we hadn't seen though. and then they go and give us another filler arc. ugh.

well, i guess preview almost looked like it might have some weird back storyline that would play in the story later. so i'm hopeful. oh well.
Tratious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote
i'll take a kubo filler arc over a pierrot filler arc any day.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quote
I like the way that Bleach introduces its filler. Instead of making it almost deliberately difficult to avoid without researching the manga they actually have the characters say "Hey, we ran out of manga so we're going to very obviously up sticks and just screw around for a while."
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that Nell scene was great. I really wish that if they were going to have filler they'd just "Dragonball movie" it and include characters like Nell and them just running around in a status quo that never existed because I really miss those characters (it's been, what 50-odd episodes since they appeared outside of the previews and stuff?).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 40 of 42