• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
OK, so haven't been totally sold on the new run of filler, the first episode (227) showing life before episode one was great, the beach episode was just fun fanservice, but I could either take it or leave it, but 229 was all sorts of horrendous.

Then come 230 which has the potential to be the best filler arc ever because spoiler[the Zanpakutou revolt! Yeah, all of the spirits within the swords take on an anthropomorphic personification and turn on their now powerless Shinigami masters all thanks to new baddie Muramasa. What's interesting is that their new "human forms" aren't necessarily the same as the spirit and Bankai forms that we've seen before, Zabimaru (Renji) and Tenken (Komamura's Bankai) being the most notable. Also seems we might actually see Zengetsu and Ichigo fighting side by side for the first time which would be quite awesome since Zengetsu has only ever played a support role for Ichigo.

Fingers crossed for a Vizard Zangetsu. Very Happy]

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Would it be okay to jump in on that filler arc if you haven't actually watched this in quite a while? It lost me around episode 75, but that sounds cooler than some of the canon material.

Some character bio reading will probably be necessary, at the very least. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
Really depends on if you mind spoilers or not. While this will certainly be self contained and takes place at "lost time" the story (too early to say exactly when it takes place) it's hard to say just how much it will reveal about recent developments in the characters. For now it looks like it's going to be somewhat vague about certain details. As for the episodes before the new arc, 227 can be watched by anyone who's watched the first couple seasons, same with 228, but 229 will only make sense if you've been following the canon episodes before the filler.

If anyone is just curious what the new Zanpakutou spirits look like as humanoids then start with Muramasa and work your way through the 18 spirits.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smokarz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
wow!!!!

there's no post since 8 months ago? what happened? no one watches Bleach anymore? i just noticed that the episode is at 263 and looking to jump back in....

what's going on? are we back to the main story yet or is it still filler?
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Dude, a minute at Wikipedia would answer your question about if the filler is still happening. But since you seem incapable of that, I will tell you that the filler is still going on and will be for a little while yet (at least April 6).

As to whether anyone is watching Bleach anymore, well I assume quite a few people are. But I'm not one of them. The recent canon material has been bad enough, so why would I want to watch yet another season of even crappier filler?
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote
well compared to the new stuff it's decent so you should watch it. If you're not watching that then what are you watching? Don't say a fanservice anime. That's worst than bleach and most of the new stuff is just fanservice.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
What is there to talk about? The canon material it's going through is typical drawn-out shonen fighting that isn't really worth spending effort discussing. The filler, while initially somewhat creative in that it forced characters into a situation where they were denied their typical methods (power up and win), regressed into the status quo, except in doing so it created a number of paradoxes that, again, aren't worth the time to think about. And then the filler arc finished, but not the filler episodes, and so now we're left with cliche one-shot stories about minor characters that don't matter.
YamiNoOkami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Is there any official news about will there be season 17? And if not what are the ods for it?
4750G

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Hello Wuk! Smile This site is called Anime News Network, so if you're looking for news about anime, try browsing the news articles. If there's no news about a 17th season of Bleach here, that's because there isn't. Smile

For future reference, topics like this are not allowed in the forum. We have a thread specifically for questions like yours. Next time, post your questions there, okay? Smile

Lastly, IMO a 17th season of Bleach won't be happening. The anime is done months ago. It's a long running shonen show; you don't just add another season after taking a break for so long. I don't recall that ever happening, at least. If anything, an OVA is most probable, much like Hunter X Hunter (1999 version) and the Greed Island OVA. There's very little left in Bleach to show anyway; the manga is currently in it's last arc, if I'm not mistaken.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
for now it is cancelled. maybe it will start up again once the manga is nearly finished so there is less filler, maybe it wont. that's all anyone knows
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Hello, Wuk, and welcome to the fora!

You can also find news of Bleach here (just scroll down to "News").
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
No actual news on a new season yet.

A new season depends on how much material the manga produces in the next couple of years. Probably one of the reasons the Anime ended was cause they had to keep doing fillers cause they kept catching up to the series.

They could be doing what Gintama did and are taking a break for like a year or so. Or they could do what Inuyasha did and pick up the series once the manga ends. Or they could do an OVA once the manga ends or reaches a point where it would feel like a complete story for an OVA. Or they could just leave the anime as is. All are likely options at this point.

While cinematic in his art and storytelling, Kibo Tite is notoriously slow in story progression which can be rough for animation teams.
underlock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
17? What's it about now? Ichigo's toe nail?
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
17? What's it about now? Ichigo's toe nail?

No, nothing as interesting as that.
Michael Scott Keck

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Big, BIG fan of Bleach. Yes, it was a lot of seasons. Yes, the storylines got all meshed together inbetween the main Aizen arc. SO, I still became a huge fan and will always be a huge fan. There were few other anime series that matched it at the time. but, I managed to stay a fan, nonetheless. Other series I became a fan of, were Steins Gate(one season); Fullmetal Alchemist(both series); Souleater; Inuyasha and Inuyasha the Final Act; SAO; SAC; Parasyte(the Maxim); Cowboy Bebop, Naruto Shippiden; No Game No Life; Fruits Basket; Hunter X Hunter and even One Piece, but the latter, not until recently on adult swim, ongoing. Why did adult swim go from 12:00 midnight til 6am to just 3 and 1/2 hours...I mean really. Who wants to watch Cleveland show at three thirty Sat night? I would rather just watch Inuyasha from Five til six and Cowboy bebop at four am like the ol days. Thank goodness for Crunchyroll, Netflix and Youtube.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 41 of 42