• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation sale at Amazon - 60% off deals

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archaron

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Where did you get your copy asimpson2006? (If you don't mind me asking.)
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
archaron wrote:
Where did you get your copy asimpson2006? (If you don't mind me asking.)

I got my copy on half.com. Without including shipping I paid $27.99. With shipping included $30.98.

EDIT: I purchased the BD set.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
victor viper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they have the Ga-Rei-Zero DVD/Blu-ray set for only $25. I doubt it will be much cheaper than that in the foreseeable future, so I might have to spring for that. I see the Claymore Blu-ray set is dirt cheap once again; I've so far held out on that one, but maybe it's finally time...
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Since the Brotherhood Blus are only $20 right now I'm considering it but do you guys think they will create a boxset in the future? I'd rather not buy it now if they are?
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:
Since the Brotherhood Blus are only $20 right now I'm considering it but do you guys think they will create a boxset in the future? I'd rather not buy it now if they are?
It's pretty much a guarantee that they're going to releases boxsets for all of their shows eventually. So yeah.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
There probably wont be a complete set that has all 63 episodes, but there will definitely be rereleases. If it's like the first FMA, it'll always come in two halves and not get a complete set (most likely).

And before anyone corrects me, yes, I know there were quarter releases for the first FMA, but it also came in singles first. Brotherhood started out in the quarter release (well, fifths release), so the next stop would be halves. Hell, they could do thirds since that'd be an equal 21/21/21, but methinks that wouldn't go over well with fans.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I'll hold off for now then Very Happy
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Pfft. This isn't a sale. Take a look at the titles at (up to) 60% off and it's the same stuff that's always on sale. What's not on sale? The stuff I want to buy that's relatively new. For example: Dance in the Vampire Bund. I don't see it for no stinkin' $25.
*sigh*

At any rate, while I was there, I did snag Ouran HS Host Club for $30, which isn't what I'd call a steal given how old this series is. I was thinking about getting it on BD, but since it's an upscale, why spend that much more for something my player can do without boning my wallet.

Oh, and Blood-: a reminder to you from your credit card: OW! OW! OW! ENOUGH! STOP! DON'T! HEY! IT DOESN'T GO THERE DOES IT???
Twisted Evil
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Oh, and Blood-: a reminder to you from your credit card: OW! OW! OW! ENOUGH! STOP! DON'T! HEY! IT DOESN'T GO THERE DOES IT???
Twisted Evil

Uh-uh-uh ... my days of deficit-financed anime/manga/merch purchases are over. I have a savings account that I deposit $75 a pay cheque (so twice a month) into, plus I topped it up by putting my very modest tax return money in it. As I mentioned in a post about my new approach a little while ago: iffen I don't have enough money in that account, I don't buy, period.

(Note, of course I still have to use a credit card for the actual ordering, but I will clear any anime/manga/merch amounts immediately.)
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Uh-uh-uh ... my days of deficit-financed anime/manga/merch purchases are over.

Oh, okay. Didn't know you had set up a budget. Smile

My spending control's been relatively easy. There hasn't been much to buy of late. >.<

Even the figure well seems to be a tad dry (unless I want a boatload of little girls showcasing their swimsuits).

*sigh*

Speaking of figures, time for an update in that thread...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Uh-uh-uh ... my days of deficit-financed anime/manga/merch purchases are over.

Oh, okay. Didn't know you had set up a budget. Smile

It goes beyond merely setting up a budget. After all, I started the year shooting to stay within a $1,500 budget. As it is, we are only half the year in and my spending is just a tick under $6,000!* Laughing So setting a budget isn't enough. The only way for me to go is to have an account that is specifically for my anime/manga/merch spending and be regulated by how much is in it. No funds in account = no spending.

*Thanks to my figure fetish. I've spent close to $3,000 on figures alone this year and about another $600 in shipping costs to get those figures to me.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
*Thanks to my figure fetish. I've spent close to $3,000 on figures alone this year and about another $600 in shipping costs to get those figures to me.

I feel so proud, considering one of your first was from me. Twisted Evil

Though, and not to brag, I did warn you. It's so easy to get sucked in which is why your account idea isn't a surprise.

Been doing the same for about 5 years now... for figures. DVDs were just a fad, thankfully, and I buy only what I want.

Good luck to you. If I catch you using funds outside of the account, I'll be sure to proxy for it with a stern(er) message.
Razz
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote
Please do! Believe me, I can use all the external discipline I can get. I genuinely think the figure bug has left me. Sure, I can see myself continuing to get one every now and then, but the fever seems to have passed. I can even visually paw through various online retailer pre-order sections and not really be terribly intrigued.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I've never been terribly impressed with those Amazon sales. It always seems to be the same old stuff they recycle for every few weeks. And since I seem to be picking up stuff when it first drops, I just can't get behind them as much as I should. If they did do newer stuff, I would be all over it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2